Searchers, Byrds and Dusty Springfield

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
admin
Site Admin

Searchers, Byrds and Dusty Springfield

Post by admin »

Ok, music enthusiasts. What is the connection among The Searchers, Byrds and Dusty Springfield?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rictified

Post by rictified »

Didn't Dusty Springfield and The Searchers record the same song? Probably wrong band and can't remember the song that I'm thinking about.
tim
Veteran RRF member

Post by tim »

The Merseybeats and Dusty Springfield both recorded "Wishing And Hoping".
The Searchers are the best!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Give me time - I'm working on it!

Anything to do with the Pye label?
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
mark_telfer
Veteran RRF member

Post by mark_telfer »

Is it recording a Jackie De Shannon song? "When You Walk In The Room" (Searchers), "Don't Doubt Yourself, Babe" (Byrds) and . . . (Dusty)?

Other than that, is it that the first (acoustic) twelve-string guitar that George Harrison tried out was Dusty's brother Tom's, then The Byrds followed George's choice of 12-string guitar and made it the industry standard, then The Searchers followed suit again?
"But the man has a 47-string guitar." (Grace Slick on Paul Kantner's attempt to tune his 366/12 during a Winterland show of October 31 1969).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Howard and Mark: Good first tries but you are not heading in the right direction.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rictified

Post by rictified »

Was that Dusty Springfield who did Wishing and Hoping (each night of the year)? Great song and done really well, great upright bass in that song. Sorry to disturb the thread but couldn't help it.
rictified

Post by rictified »

BTW Peter I was only joking about the posts and registration date although I do like it being correct, thanks!
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Roger McGuinn was also engaged or something with Dusty?.. (oops... sorry guys) They all have the letter "s" in their names? They all speak English? Or maybe Dusty also did "Mr Tambourine man"?..
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

They all appeared on 'Thank Your Lucky Stars' in the 1965/66 season but not on the same show. Dusty and the Searchers appeared together on a couple of occasions but the Byrds only appeared once and the other two weren't on the same bill.
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nice research Howard they did all appear on Thank Your Lucky Stars but this is not the association that I am looking for.

Sorry Shenna, that's not it.

mark_telfer
Veteran RRF member

Post by mark_telfer »

Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame?
"But the man has a 47-string guitar." (Grace Slick on Paul Kantner's attempt to tune his 366/12 during a Winterland show of October 31 1969).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mark: Good guess but no. The Byrds were inducted in 1991 and Dusty Springfield in 1999. Sadly the Searchers have yet to get there.

einar
Veteran RRF member

Post by einar »

Dusty Springfield died, and so did both groups' original drummer(!!).

Einar
Searchers amongst my teenage favourite music. Still fond of them, but earnestly a little puzzled they are considered THIS big! But I'm very excited about this forum, and will love to read it regularly, and also contribute!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sad outcomes indeed, and a solid effort Einar but not what I'm looking for.

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”