Winter and Hockey...

News, weather & sports

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

dannyboy
Veteran RRF member

Winter and Hockey...

Post by dannyboy »

Just a little word on that olympic hockey game ... a Rickenbacker is to the USA as to hockey is to Canada. Everyone knows that Canadians were born with a hockey stick in their hands. I guess that all I can wish to our American friends in the forum is : better luck for the gold next time !!! Image
...hope I'm not starting a war...LOL
DannyBoy :)
Nowhere man please listen, you don't know what you're missing...
corey

Post by corey »

As a proud Canadian, I'd like to say that I love to play both hockey and Rickenbackers.

A silver medal is by no means a disgrace. I hope the media down south goes easy on every athlete who had the courage and skill to get to the olympic level in the first place.
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

As a proud American, I'd like to congratulate the Canadians. Congratulations!!
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

I would like to congratulate everyone from both sides of the border.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
gregcon

Post by gregcon »

Congrats on the win. We're big hockey fans here in the NE USA. We enjoyed the tournament and can live with a Silver medal. From the expressions on Gretzky's face, it had to mean a whole lot more to you boys up North! I can hardly imagine.
gregc
corey

Post by corey »

Yeah, losing to the Czechs on a shootout in Nagano killed our team. When we lost the bronze medal game to the US team, it was like Team Canada had already left Japan a day earlier. It's good that both North American teams did so well, since we've both got our "miracles of beating the USSR" to constantly live up to.
dannyboy
Veteran RRF member

Post by dannyboy »

Well guys, I wish all the hockey games in the NHL were like the one we saw on Sunday. Good rivalty but no hatred, clean game like we expect from the pros ! Yes, I guess this was a big game for the canadians but hats off to the american team!
'Hope to see more like that. Image
corey

Post by corey »

Dan,

I completely agree. After watching those great international rules games, I honestly have even less interest in the slower paced, "made for the commercials" style of the NHL these days. Hockey should be a game, not a business.
ricnvolved

Post by ricnvolved »

Unfortunately, I did not get to see the game Sunday afternoon as I was having to do the "8 to 5" thing. I'm the rare hockey fan here in the area of the U.S. totally dominated by that NASCAR ****. I don't know anyone around here with the same level of interest in hockey that I have.

Congratulations indeed to Team Canada for winning the gold. Considering that it took 50 years to re-gain the Olympic crown of that nation's national sport, I guess Gretzky's jubilation is understandable. ;-) But absolutely no sour grapes here in this corner; I really do like the players on Team Canada, especially Steve Yzerman, and I'm happy for them in their victory. They earned it, and they deserve it.

By the way, I couldn't agree more with Corey's sentiments about the fast-paced international rules games. Going back to the "made for commercials" regular season brand will make it seem like low-rent minor league stuff. Like any other sport nowadays, the NHL is now ruled by The Almighty Dollar. *puke*
dannyboy
Veteran RRF member

Post by dannyboy »

I totally agree with you, Corey and Jeff. It's about time that the NHL make some changes to adjust to international caliber. I personally enjoyed the fast pace of the olympic hockey. When you think that the football, soccer and even basketball leagues made adjustments in their rules, it's about time we see some made for hockey! I think that it's all Bateman's (and Bateman's money) fault if we're loosing our national sport. Can't even get a decent price for a ticket nowadays...and when you buy the ticket, you're not even sure that you're gonna get your money's worth!!! Unlike buying a good ol' Ric!!!

Return to “News At 11”