Katrina - What about the animals?

Pet stories & photos

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

marc61

Katrina - What about the animals?

Post by marc61 »

http://www.noahs-wish.org/Donations.htm

I gave, not a bad idea. No one thinks about these poor guys who would gladly save your life if they had the chance.
" It's not where you are, it's who you're with.".
wayang

Post by wayang »

Right on, Marc.
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

The sight of dogs and cats etc. separated from their owners is a heartbreaker. They have no way of comprehending their plight or the reason for it.

It would break my heart if I lost my two Shih Tzus' Winston and Nikita because of a natural disaster. They are two of my best friends.

Thanks Mark for bringing this to our attention.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
chingnchime

Post by chingnchime »

Excellent point- Out here in L.A. whenever we have one of those nutcase periodic forest fires, it's ALWAYS irked me that NO ONE mentions the animals plight, only frigging Real Estate!!
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

If I lost my ****** Kitty, it would surely suck.

wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

OPERATION PET LIFT

From the Houston Chronicle:
In order to transport 80 pooches from Louisiana to California shelters, a Texas oilman chartered a Continental Airlines jet.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
lowendbob
Advanced Member

Post by lowendbob »

A portion of my donations to the devastation that Katrina created went to the National Humane Society. Image
I would be lost without my little buddy.

Buy it before someone else does.
marc61

Post by marc61 »

Good job Bob!
" It's not where you are, it's who you're with.".
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Besides our two Shih Tzus, we also have this character.

This is Peaches our adorable and very friendly Cockatoo. As you can tell she loves Christmas time.

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kevin
Veteran RRF member

Post by kevin »

I know that part of our donations went to the Humane Society. My wife went down to Houston this week to volunteer. She was planning on splitting her time between the Red Cross and some of the animal shelters there that may have taken in pets from the affected areas. However, when she got to the Red Cross office to volunteer they put her to work almost immediately. She worked a 13-hour shift yesterday and will do the same today.

Since some of the animals from Operation Pet Lift came to the San Diego area, she's thinking of volunteering at one of those shelters when she gets back.

Return to “Creatures”