Is this 320fg on ebay a real Ric?

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

glen_l

Is this 320fg on ebay a real Ric?

Post by glen_l »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=925687629
Having looked closely at this Ric 320fg for sale on ebay at the moment it seems that there are a few odd things about it. For one thing, the tuners are an odd, incorrect type. The finish doesn't look like your average fireglo, the blend from outer to inner is odd and the outer seems too dark. The headstock shape looks a little goofy as well (or is it just the camera angle?). Could it be one of the clones with genuine hardware and plate fitted?????
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

Glen, my instincts tell me this Is real. I think it may be an early 80s, by the kinda "orangey" Fireglo.Also, I do recall those Grover tuners being used on some Ricks from late 70s and early 80s.
glen_l

Post by glen_l »

What made me a little suspicious was the other 320fg being sold on ebay at the same time, also from the UK and made in the early 80's. That one looked very typical Fireglo by comparison. This one.... hmmmmmm. Probably just the photography. The seller does sound quite genuine in what he says.
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

It has a cool look to it, no doubt.

I'm with Don on the finish; I've seen some 360/12WB's from this period with a similar look to the finish. The tuners are quite cool,too..

I still wouldn't mind seeing some different pics of it, though....

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”