1982 360-12 WB (WBBS?)

Transition years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1973-1983 inclusive

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Allen

1982 360-12 WB (WBBS?)

Post by Allen »

I own an '82 old style 360-12 double bound. It's got the hi-gain pickups and the raised letter trussrod cover.
Is it at all unusual for the old style 360 to be equipped with the later pickups? Was there just a short window when this was the case? I know the 360-12V64 began in '84, so I'm wondering if my configuration was only made for a couple of years.
I'll 'fess up. I'd love to get a current 360-12V64 but can't afford it so I'm trying to find out if my guitar has any rarity associated with it to make me feel better. Whew! Like Primal Screaming...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The 360/12 WBBS was no longer produced after 1984 and the high gain pickups were introduced in 1969 and continue to the present day. The configuration you describe, therefore, is not particularly unusual although I cannot tell you how many of these instruments were crafted. You have a fine instrument with the double binding and that along in my books should have you feeling good. I will let others speak to the uniqueness of your 12-string in further detail. Some types of binding, such as the checked binding, used on some of the instruments like yours is exceedingly hard to come by these days and so I would venture that the binding you have could be something you may not see on newer models. Feeling better?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Transition Years - 1973 to 1983”