Rickenbacker's Serial Number lookup

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Rickenbacker's Serial Number lookup

Post by 6025 »

I have a new 4003, the reg. number is 0005902 (00 at the top of the jackplate, 05902 at the bottom of the plate). When I enter the number (with no spaces) I get the error message "Serial Number Not Found, Too Many Trailing Digits for Type 1". Am I doing something wrong? I just bought this Rick, I'm positive it's real.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

6025: This post is best answered by John Hall, however, the Official Rickenbacker Website is a work in progress. This will be sorted out in time but right now the company has more pressing things to worry about. The code for interpreting the new serial number system would not seem to be in place as yet. You do of course have an instrument made in the year 2000 and in the first week of February I would suspect. You have not done anything wrong. In fact, buying a Rickenbacker has to be right!!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Post by 6025 »

Peter, thanks for the info. I suspected it might have something to do with the new serial number scheme. I agree, RIC has more pressing issues, namely the NAMM announcements in January (which I await anxiously!)

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”