Need Help Urgently Please! 366/12 Convertible

Building pickups from the ground up

Moderator: jingle_jangle

sashua

Need Help Urgently Please! 366/12 Convertible

Post by sashua »

Hello to all my new friends!
I have a RARE opportunity to own an inexpensive 1968 366/12 Convertible but it is missing the all important comb.

My question is....can I locate a comb somewhere or will it be a completely impossible buy for me? Would Rickenbacker have one in the vault somewhere or are there any Luthiers out here in Rickland that can assist me?

I don't want this once in a lifetime deal to slip through my hands but I also don't want to wind up with a great big nothing if the comb is unattainable.

Please help me ASAP as this deal has a clock running on it.

Thanks all!
Russ
"Silly Rabbit! Trix are for Kids"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Russell: I consider that you will have a hard time finding the comb that you seek. Having said that, the instrument is a vintage Rickenbacker 12 string, in fireglo I trust and so it is likely to be a nice find should the price be right.

If you like the sound and playability and the price is right, I would go for it. Your hunt for an original comb will be a long one though.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Winding Up With The Best: by Sergio Silva”