1959 315

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

anonymous

1959 315

Post by anonymous »

Ok, so it's not a 325. Go find a better example of a '50's 315!
http://www.homestead.com/aurs2/59315.html
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

anonymous

Post by anonymous »

This guitar is in such good shape that it(almost) makes me angry!!! Why can't all of them be this well cared for? What a nice find, John.
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

OK, John, now tell them what the owner thinks this guitar is worth . . .
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Well, we could always put a third pickup on it guys, and paint it black and fill in the f-hole, etc, etc...

Nah, I'll take it as is.... Image
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

"OK, John, now tell them what the owner thinks this guitar is worth . . . "

If I were the owner, which I'm not, I would have to say that it's priceless.
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Ha ha, the current owner told me $50,000 - 100,000.
He told me yesterday that he'd take 25,000. I guess he would! Personally, I think that $15,000. might be tops for this guitar. Who knows?
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

15k is still pushing it, I was thinking more around 7K-12K depending on the buyer.
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Yep. It would have to have HUGE provenance to be on the level of even $20K. Pre 1964 325's would possibly get there depending on the age and condition...I am in agreement with John and the Nickster on the value, and it is without doubt a GREAT Rickenbacker, hands down.
larrywassgren
Veteran RRF member

Post by larrywassgren »

I say the guitar is worth $50000. Why is a '58-60 Les Paul Standard now worth $200000? They made around 300 each year and you could buy one tomorrow if you wanted. John Lennon was the ultimate rock and roller and I don't think too many would argue with that. Jimmy Page was alright. Just because someone did an article in Wall Street Journal saying late 50's Les Paul's are great investments that means nothing. If all those investors started looking for early Lennon Rickenbacers tomorrow, they couldn't find any!! It's just a matter of time until they figure that out. And no, I'm not selling mine because I'll never find another. More ramblings by Larry W.
carr

Post by carr »

here in Australia we have a ( legal ) definition of fair market value called the "Spencer Decision". It goes something like this.

Fair market value is the agreed price between a willing but not anxious seller and a willing but not anxious buyer both of whom are in possession of all the facts. ( its really a Real estate definition but I guess the same holds true for any item.
larrywassgren
Veteran RRF member

Post by larrywassgren »

John, the hard part about buying a guitar is figuring out when your willing but not anxious. Sounds a lot like finding a woman, I'm anxious but is she willing!? I'd like to talk to this Spencer guy, maybe he knows something I haven't figured out yet.
carr

Post by carr »

Larry , I know what you mean but there is always alimit. My Last ric was a maple 370 at A$2000. There is no way I would have paid one cent more. I was only willing to that point no matter how anxious.
larrywassgren
Veteran RRF member

Post by larrywassgren »

Good point John, I get it now!
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Just found another '60 315 FG in killer condition. The current owner wants $15,000. Anyone intersted? Serial number 2V 152. Featured in the Japanese Rickenbacker book.

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”