Vintage Reissues

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Vintage Reissues

Post by admin »

A review of the Reissue data from the Rickenbacker Registration Page reveals that the most frequent instrument is the 36012V64 representing 25% of the reissue registrations to date. This is followed by the 4001V63 at 15%, the 325V63 at 13% and the 325V59 at 11 percent. It is a safe bet that these instruments gained their popularity from The Beatles. The 360V64 and the Model 1997 are seen in the reissue registry, 9% and 8%, respectively. Rounding out the field is the 381V69 and 325/12V63 both at 5%; the 425V63, 450V63 and 350V63 each at 2%; and the 4001PMC, 381/12V69 and 5002V58 each at one percent. Five percent of the listings are left-handed instruments. This analysis is based on the reissue listing as of August 29, 2000 and the data can be viewed at The Reissue Registry
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
anon

Post by anon »

What is amazing is the fact that Ricks of any vintage are comapratively rare compared to Gibson or Fender.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That there are fewer Rickenbacker guitars out there compared to other makes such as Gibson and Fender is not surprising when you consider that these guitars continue to be made in the United States. No manufacturer that I am aware of spends as much time on the finish of their instruments. RIC has remained in the US instead for "farming" out the work to Mexico, Taiwan and so on to obtain cheap labour. This results in a much different product and obviously a lower volume of instruments can be produced using this system. Hence the relative statistical rarity compared to Gibson or Fender. RIC also has not historically had a low end and high end product and therefore does not have instruments that you can purchase for bargain basement prices as these other companies do.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
fatrat

Post by fatrat »

so why are they dropping the vintage reissues....
Ill post something on this and see if we get answers...I got bl;isters on my fing'as....
FATRAT
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

They aren't dropping them, they are replacing them with the real deal. A bit more money, but no more moaning about headstocks, hardware, pickups, etc... this IS the stuff. Check out the Ric website on Jan 18th to get all of the details.
anon

Post by anon »

when you say a "bit more money", how much, is a "bit more"?

Are they more expensive simply because they appeal to the baby boomer, collector and higher disposable income consumer?
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

The most expensive "C" series models list at $3199, this information was posted publicly by John Hall a few days ago over on my website http://www.voxtalks.com If you really want to see some obsessed maniacs, check out Vox Talks, everyone is pretty excited about this new line.
fatrat

Post by fatrat »

Thats too much! Gibson has pulled this also. I wont go into it. People will keep paying I dont get it.

FATRAT

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”