Vintage 325's have a larger body?

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Tuck_Hersey

Post by Tuck_Hersey »

Glen and Larry, I've visited the JL Museum twice to examine the 325 as close as possible and I agree with both of you -- I mean the gray area between the bridge and the bridge pickup seems to be unremoved undercoat with some dust on it if my memory serves me right. Apparently no one cared to wipe the dust off before they took photos and even before they put it on display at the museum. It is also clear that some marks of the previous black finish still remains here and there on the body. That might have been the best DeMarino could do without oversanding.

Let me know if you guys should ever be in Japan to visit the museum. I'd be more than happy to be your guide if time permits.
FRANK

Post by FRANK »

Im sorry Larry...
Ok you win.....
I'll straighten up...
I just thought a sence of humour was a good thing???
my mistake.....I was very wrong....
I relise now that this is a very serious subject on a very serious forum and I have hurt some ver serious people and I appologise.....
I am learning my lesson fast on this forum site that you dont say certain things or you get the boot....
I will read instead of post from now on...is that ok???
If I do respond to someones harsh comment about me or someone that disagrees with me and I want to post a come back, I will not say anything that might offend or be taken in the wrong way by that person...
I will turn the other cheek....
can you please forgive me???
my real name is Frank M. Robinson III...
I work at a BMW dealership...
Im 43
Im 5'8
brown hair
brown eyes
I have 3 cats
I think this is more than enough personal information on me, if you request more, please ask I will be more than happy to give that information out....
I was under the impression that it was ok not to use you real name....my mistake...I will now go under my name....
I thought we spoke on the phone years ago, my mistake....
I thought you were the one I did a deal with...
I dont think it was you after all...
thank you and good day....
FRANK

Post by FRANK »

on a very serious note:
I'm sure someone has addressed this somewhere else but, does Yoko have something to do with the JL Museum, is she the owner,
or did Yoko just loan the Rick 325 out or has she sold it to them???
Is there a website for the JL museum???

I thank you for taking the time to read this question and your responce...
may you have a nice day...
thank you
FRANK M. ROBINSON III
terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

Frank: Yoko approved the John Lennon Museum, but I was under the impression that Taisei Corporation is the owner. As for the museum's Lennon Rick 325s, to the best of my knowledge, they are still owned by the Lennon Estate and are on loan courtesy of Yoko. The museum's official website can be found at the URL below and may provide more answers to some of your questions. Hope this helps.

John Lennon Museum Home Page
http://www.taisei.co.jp/museum/index_e.html
FRANK

Post by FRANK »

thanks tomcat, Ill check it out....
FRANKRAT
FRANK

Post by FRANK »

I didnt see where you can take a on line tour....
I dont think Ill be treking over to Japan in my life time .....It would be nice if they would make it available....maybe I just didnt see it on the site???
thanks

FRANK M. ROBINSON III (not fatrat)
Matt_Bassett

Post by Matt_Bassett »

I'd have to go along with the theory that dust might explain the mysterious gray areas on John's guitar. The lighting used for the photograph (aforementioned link) is a particularly hot, specular (hard) side-light which, intentionally or not, will hide imperfections while showing the brilliance of the instrument, though I'd have to say it's quite lacking in the brilliance department. Side lighting will most certainly exacerbate the problems associated with photographing a filthy guitar; dust will gleam, but it apparently went unnoticed. It does seem that the photographer could have balanced the lighting a little better so as to reduce shadows, as well.

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”