Who Offers Rickenbacker Bridge With Roller Saddles?

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Frank_S

Post by Frank_S »

I was scoffing at the C series also, but have since changed my tune and ordered one. I took Nick's logic (I will NEVER own a 1958 325)and got the next best thing.
The last 325 styled vintage Rick I saw(besides the Bisonbacker horror) was an early 60's 310.
It was $4000 at Mercenary guitars in NJ.
The difference between $4240(plus tax) and $2300(suggested price plus shipping) is a big one.
I will say one thing, the "v" market is already dropping. Someone scored a Rick v63 for $550 over on Nick's site. I saw an ad in a local publication yesterday for two v59's one for $800 and one for $950. I'd never seen any Rick RI for under $1000. I think some people are going to unload them for a C series. That should be good news for buyers!
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

Frank,

I was a "C" series product advisor along with Noaki Ogane, Joe Hardman, John Williams, Toshio Sogabe, Michael Steinitz, Yasuhiko Iwanade and Mr. Hall. We spent a year discussing this project on a Ric product development website dubbed "C World". Here is a link to the overview draft on the Ric website for more info: http://www.rickenbacker.com/us/cseriesov.htm

The 325c58 lists for $3199, apparently you have never bought a new Ric from any dealer because most dealers sell in the 40% off range. Jim Rhoads is offering these for $1980 shipped to your door and I can give you a list of many other dealers who are in the same price range or cheaper. If you've ever actually bought a new V series guitar, it would have likely come in around the $1350 range or more, new from the dealer. So now we talking about a $500-$600 price difference between a new 325v59 and 325c58. Also, when you make a comparison to the many Fender or Gibson reissues that go (that is sell, not list) for $4000 and up, this guitar is a fair price when you consider what you're getting for your money. So when I see people moaning about having to shell out over 3k for one of these it makes me wonder because obviously they have never bought any new guitar from dealer or they would already know these things. As buyers, it is up to us to find the best price, plain and simple. I don't know anyone who would spend thousands of dollars on anything without shopping around. That goes for cars, furniture, appliances, etc...

I have no vested interest in this project other than that this guitar would be correct in every way possible under current manufacturing restrictions. Every "C" series guitar has been corrected to vintage specs as close as possible, so this is it. I don't think you realize the scope or amount of time and money that has been invested. Rickenbacker initially has to put out over $120 000 just to teach these new patterns to their CNC machine, that doesn't count all of the retooling costs involved along with training factory personal etc… All of these additional costs are up-front before one guitar is even shipped.

Also, these guitars are not limited or a special run, they are standard production that has replaced the old V series guitars. I don't where this misinformation comes from as there have been countless posts on the net over the last two weeks about these guitars, so the correct information is out there.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just think you should know these things before you go any farther with your assessment of me or the situation.
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

By the way, my comments are directed at the other Frank, not Frank S.
FRANK

Post by FRANK »

yeah Nick,
your right nick....
Im wrong....sorry to be so wrong, you got all the info right and im just a gooberhead....
thanks for making me see the light Im on my way to the bank...im buying 3 Cs....John Hall says I should...so i gotta.
FRANK
FRANK

Post by FRANK »

Nick, I forgot to ask you and this is a serious question, no foolin...
Will you replace all your V series guitar colletion shown in you posted picture????
Just wondering???
I dont have a problem with Cs....I just want to be able to afford a Rickenbacker in the future, thats all, we're on the same team, i want to be able to get more.....I just dont see paying 1980.00 sorry...I have bought new Ricks not lately but in the past...
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

Yeah, my V series guitars will be replaced with these new models, of course. Except for my 425 and 325 12s.
milo
Veteran RRF member

Post by milo »

Please correct me if I am wrong, but Rickenbacker is still going to make their "standard" series (still produced in the USA) as usual and sell the "C" series in addition, right? They aren't going to switch production of those to Japan, call them Epiph****, and only sell the "C"s as Ricks.
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

I will step out and say that as long as John Hall lives and breathes ...Rickenbackers will be made in the USA

And I trust who ever comes after him at the helm will keep it that way.
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!
LONNY

Post by LONNY »

does John Hall have children who will take over the company???
LON
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

Yes! ..Brian are you out there?
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”