Breaking News "C" Series Photos and NAMM Reports

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Grant

Post by Grant »

Other than the paint job is supposed to be closer to what Harrison's guitar had, are their any other differences between the C model and the v64.

$1,000 extra seems like a lot for a different paint job!??!
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

This is what I have been made aware of:

The headstock is now the correct shape, has the proper shaped nameplate and also has the proper hex-bushings and screws for the keys. The neck is now the proper shape and the fingerboard also has the proper radius, thickness and height from the top of the body. The inlay material has been changed to the proper pale white plastic and the triangles have been corrected to the exact position and shape of Harrison's. The body is now the correct shape and thickness, along with the proper binding and spray pattern. The pick-ups are wound to vintage specs along with mold impressions on the top and proper screws. The wiring harness has been changed to the old style pushback wire. The bridge is now vintage style with the proper saddles and hardware. The tailpiece has been corrected and now has the proper position for the strap button and mounting screws. But, I think they are using the same vintage style knobs and strap buttons as can be found on the 360V64.
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

I wonder if you took the PUs off the C series
360-12, you'd find the top drilled into like the old ones to make clearance for the magnets?
Matt_Bassett

Post by Matt_Bassett »

While on the topic of pickups I wonder what we should expect to see on the 325c58. The 1958 325's, I understand, had pickups that were wound to approx. 5k Ohms, while the new vintage reissues are wound to approx. 7.4k. In other words, will Rickenbacker be winding pickups specifically for this model, or will they use the 7.4k reissues?
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

The c58 pick-ups will be different than the rest. These pick-up will have the short pole magnets and be wound to 58 specs.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”