Welcome Sheena

A journey beyond mainstream to rebel music
admin
Site Admin

Welcome Sheena

Post by admin »

The RickResource Forum would like to welcome Sheena as a consultant in this Forum. Sheena offers the following by way of explanation.
1. This section welcomes discussions about music which could be described as "rebellous", "underground", "DIY", "alternative", "protest", or whatever you may call it — music that's bound to be breaking the limits of mainstream: from so-called "garage rock", a genre limited only by garage walls, hippies' era music (note from SC: not sure how to put it better... psychedelia is only one element of that, imho), pre-punk, to punk and post-punk, grunge and modern music that is usually called "alternative" or "DIY".
2. As mentioned previously, it's all about music. Genres, bands, instruments, stories, etc. It's great to talk about bands and artists who broke the limits; however, being a part of the RickResource forum, this section inherits general Forum rules. That includes:
a) it is not suggested for discussions about politics, sex and religion. Of course, they are parts of everybody's life, but that is a general forum rule. As mentioned above, the idea was a section about rebellous music and not hustings, (anti)church, or bedroom;
b) flames, offenses, going personal and curse words in full written form aren't welcome either. Please try to show respect to each other. We all have different views, tastes and backgrounds, but if we start fighting each other, everybody will lose and nobody will win;
c) we sincerely hope you haven't fallen asleep while reading this long and boring disclaimer.
SC
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rickenrocker

Re: Welcome Sheena

Post by rickenrocker »

outstanding! Image
"Funny thing about weekends when yer unemployed, they don't mean quite so much, 'cept you get to hang out with yer workin' friends."
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Nice! Way to go Sheena and Peter.
janglerocker

Post by janglerocker »

Great stuff, Sheena. Congratulations on having your idea become reality in such a short period of time.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Oi oi oi! You've come a long way, baby!
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

Great, bring on the metal forum next! :mrgreen:
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

Congratulations Sheena! 8)
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Now we're talkin!
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Uh-oh. That was even faster than a Ramones' song. :D
Thanks guys. Hope you all are and will be having fun!
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Well done sheena!
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

Welcome, and I may even learn something!!!!!!! Not my genre but I have heard some tasy stuff over the years. Would you consider Nirvana within this scope? Just trying to figureout the "boundaries"!! I didn't care for much of their stuff but Teen Spirit...... but I thought that song was genius!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Congratulations Sheena! :D

Okay here's one, probably too easy: What happened to the Jackson Pollack style, paint spattered Rickenbacker 4001 that Paul Simonon from the Clash played in the early days? Anyone? I have no idea.
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Congrats, Sheena! :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sean: From Sheena's comments
"music that's bound to be breaking the limits of mainstream"
I suspect that Metal may fit into this way of thinking. Perhaps she will comment.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Thanks again to all, and special thanks to Peter for making this all happen!
Would you consider Nirvana within this scope?
Well, grunge is mentioned in the list, Nirvana is considered to be grunge, so the answer is — yes!
Peter: personally i didn't even consider including metal here, and guys voted for their own metal forum...
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.

Return to “Light My Garage, Torch My Fire!: by Sheena Colvin”