Rezillos

A journey beyond mainstream to rebel music
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Rezillos

Post by captsandwich »

I spent my high school years (early 80's) in a fairly small, isolated city where it was very difficult to find new music. My best friend & I used to spend Saturday afternoons combing the only used/indie record store in town, buying albums solely on the cover art. This method led us to the discovery of Midnight Oil, The Alarm and countless others. One band we discovered that I loved was the Rezillos. They were very cartoony, but their songs rocked.
Anybody else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBGSLWKD ... re=related
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Re: Rezillos

Post by lennon211 »

The Rezillos are definitely a band that had that cool appeal from the album cover on. Lots of fun to listen to.
rictified

Post by rictified »

Kind of poppy new wavey to me but it's nice to see a band with real amplifiers.
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

We all loved them at school back in '77..
expomick
Intermediate Member

Post by expomick »

Yup. Poppy fun, but at least it wasn't Journey/Kansas/Boston/Rush/Styx/Foreigner/Asia/etc.
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

Thanks for posting that! The bass solo after the break wasn't the one I remembered, but the song really sounds good live. That is fun!!
Currently: Tuxedo, 1972 4000

Past holdings: 1968 4005, Blackstar, 3000, CS, Alembric, Tuxedo, 360-12, Blackstar, 360-12, 1982 4003, Shadow, 4003 SnowGlow, CS in that order.
janglerocker

Post by janglerocker »

Gail Warning and Fay Fife. They did it for me.
gareth
Intermediate Member

Post by gareth »

William Mysterious, the bass player on that first album, has been a major infulence on my playing for many years now. He used a Fender Precision bass through a Marshall both close and room miked for that album. I've since got to talk to the Rezillos on a number of occaisions over the last 25 years, and let's just say that if things go as planned, there might be an announcement about a replacement bass player for a US tour next year. In the meantime, here's someone close to my heart boning up on a Rezillos tune. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIaHZLDm_k8
Happyface

Post by Happyface »

"if things go as planned, there might be an announcement about a replacement bass player for a US tour next year. "

!!! Fingers crossed for you.
Currently: Tuxedo, 1972 4000

Past holdings: 1968 4005, Blackstar, 3000, CS, Alembric, Tuxedo, 360-12, Blackstar, 360-12, 1982 4003, Shadow, 4003 SnowGlow, CS in that order.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

i remember having their lp and liking it a lot---but i sold all my records,turntable,etc., when cd's took over. now that everything's digital,i think i'll check them out again! i still have 10 albums,but they're on the wall in frames....
TheBeat

Post by TheBeat »

Being Scottish i had the chance to see The Rezillos and The Revillos, who were the band Fay and Eugene Reynolds along with Rocky Rythm (not his real name :lol: ) started when the original band folded. Both were real fun groups but with some interesting sounds when you consider what the majority of punk bands were grinding out. Anyone considering listening to them or replacing vinyl should check out the Double album, single CD that has both the original Cant Stand the Rezillos and the live album that they released at a budget price. least it is here in the UK...the live album contains material from a gig at the Apollo that i attended when 14.
scotty

Post by scotty »

What not another Scot on the forum.Were taking over watch oot guys!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Light My Garage, Torch My Fire!: by Sheena Colvin”