Taking lessons

Putting music theory into practice
phlemmy

Taking lessons

Post by phlemmy »

After we get done recording and mixing the new album, I am going to start taking some basic lessons from my guitarist. He's a GIT grad and former instructor and definitely knows his stuff. Playing with him has already expanded my "bassering" quite a bit, but I need some of the basic theory stuff to open my technique up a little more.

In the late 80s after I have been drumming for 5 years, I took lessons from a PIT grad and it expanded my playing tenfold. I'm not expecting results as grandiose on bass as I got with the drums, but anything is better than nothing.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Taking lessons

Post by jdogric12 »

That's great news. Let us know how it goes.
antipodean

Re: Taking lessons

Post by antipodean »

phlemmy wrote:After we get done recording and mixing the new album, I am going to start taking some basic lessons from my guitarist. He's a GIT grad and former instructor and definitely knows his stuff. Playing with him has already expanded my "bassering" quite a bit, but I need some of the basic theory stuff to open my technique up a little more.

In the late 80s after I have been drumming for 5 years, I took lessons from a PIT grad and it expanded my playing tenfold. I'm not expecting results as grandiose on bass as I got with the drums, but anything is better than nothing.
You're never too old to learn! I took some jazz/blues guitar lessons a few years ago and my bass playing improved fivefold (and I'd been playing a mere 25 years at that point). Pity my guitar playing didn't come on as well...
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”