"New" Clash live DVD - Revolution Rock

A journey beyond mainstream to rebel music
expomick
Intermediate Member

"New" Clash live DVD - Revolution Rock

Post by expomick »

I've seen (and own) most of the live performances on this DVD, but the performance of "Brand New Cadillac" from Japan was new to me, and it's all together nicely on one complete set, thus I thought it worth picking up.

Comments?

The Jam have a similar DVD collection that nicely puts together all the promo clips (yes, videos) and live performances; it came out about seven years ago.

Wish the Beatles would do the same thing. Drop the cheesy interviews and just give me a DVD of all the promo clips and live performances, though the Clash kicked the Beatles *** when it came to on-stage performances. (Yes, I know, different eras and different equipment standards).
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Re: "New" Clash live DVD - Revolution Rock

Post by captsandwich »

Clash?
Live?
Yes please.

Psssst: Mick - Saturday, Rivoli. 8)
scotty

Post by scotty »

expomick wrote:I've seen (and own) most of the live performances on this DVD, but the performance of "Brand New Cadillac" from Japan was new to me, and it's all together nicely on one complete set, thus I thought it worth picking up.

Comments?

The Jam have a similar DVD collection that nicely puts together all the promo clips (yes, videos) and live performances; it came out about seven years ago.

Wish the Beatles would do the same thing. Drop the cheesy interviews and just give me a DVD of all the promo clips and live performances, though the Clash kicked the Beatles *** when it came to on-stage performances. (Yes, I know, different eras and different equipment standards).
I need to get this,also have to add the jam dvd is put together nicely i also wish other discs were done like this.Thanks for the post mick
rickenmetal

Post by rickenmetal »

Is there any video of their concert(s?) in Jamaica? That would be cool to see.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Did they do any concerts in Jamaica? I know they went down there on holiday to try to do some recording and were getting taken at every turn. Hence the song "Safe European Home" that opened up their second album. Maybe for "Combat Rock", but I'm not really sure.

Will have to get that DVD as well, have the Jam one, and it's very well done IMHO.
rickenmetal

Post by rickenmetal »

They did at least one concert in Ja, I've heard a few tracks, I don't know if anything other than audio is available though.

Return to “Light My Garage, Torch My Fire!: by Sheena Colvin”