What about Peter Buck?

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

lime

What about Peter Buck?

Post by lime »

what model does peter buck of r.e.m play? he always seems to be overlooked.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lime: Please visit Peter Buck and His Rickenbackers at the Rickenbacker Registration Page.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
tomrat

Post by tomrat »

i saw Peter on a Robyn Hitchcock tour in 89 and he played his 360 Jetglo, I was thinking it was a 12 string??? cool show...
Tom
billcarroll

Post by billcarroll »

Pete bought his main 360 in a pawn shop in Athens, GA in the early 80s (1980, actually, has been reported). he's used it ever since, although recently, RIC has made him a duplicate of it as a spare.
lime

Post by lime »

i play a 360 series 'new model'its fireglow color...anyway..i was so happy to see peter buck playing the same guitar..but it was jetglow..on REMs UP tour in 99...rem is my favorite..and thats how i got into playing rickenbacker guitars in the first place.
Sergio_Caragliano

Post by Sergio_Caragliano »

I've seen a video of R.E.M. playing in Germany
around 1985 & Peter Buck changed many times his Rickenbacker guitars. He had Jetglo, Fireglo, pink, &...I'm not sure..., I remember yellow too. Are they all 360?
330fg

Post by 330fg »

Around the time of the MurMur and Reckoning Albums
(83 & 84) Buck was using a Jetglo 330, a Mapleglo 330, and the Famous Jetglo 360. The 3330s may have belonged to Mitch Easter. Buck is also occasionally seen playing his Mapleglo 370/12RM.
rkbsound
Veteran RRF member

Post by rkbsound »

Would any of the Rickenbacker "pros" know if Rick is planning for a Peter Buck signature guitar? I apologize if one exists, but I doubt it because I would then own one. Put my order in now! (Despite pleas from my wife)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mr. Phelps: You may assure your spouse that there is no Peter Buck signature model. It think it is a safe bet that RIC has asked all those key artists who have played Rickenbackers whether a signature model is in the cards. While such discussions would be confidential, perhaps John Hall could shed some light regarding a Peter Buck model that may be in the works. I will go out on a limb and speculate that such a model is not on the horizon at this point. One would wonder how a Peter Buck model would be unique seeing as it is pretty much a standard issue at present.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
ted_williams
Veteran RRF member

Post by ted_williams »

Inlay the "mudflap silhouette" on the body.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I laughed out loud on this one Ted. Yes there could be a "sticker" edition I suppose.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is anything special about Peter Buck's Jetglo 360, or is it a standard model? (Apart from that sticker...)

Sergio_Caragliano

Post by Sergio_Caragliano »

What Amplifiers does he use for his 360 JG?
rkbsound
Veteran RRF member

Post by rkbsound »

Also on Pete Buck -- does anyone know the year of his 330 jetglow? One other item: is there a trick to posting photos on this post? Thanks!
330fg

Post by 330fg »

His 360 is standard issue as far as I know other than the Trucker Sticker. As far as I know he still uses AC30s for Amps. I'm not sure of the age of the 330 but he used it on MurMur so it has to be at least an 82'.

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”