I may go for a 360...

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

JohnnyMarrFan

I may go for a 360...

Post by JohnnyMarrFan »

There is a Fireglo 360 for sale near to my house for £700, classified ad. This is about £400 lower than the new list price and I've sent the seller some questions about the guitar (age, serial number, place of purchase etc...). You may remember (although most likely not) that I bought a 620 and was terribly disappointed with it, it had a seriously poor setup among other minor faults that I couldn't ignore. I ended up selling it straight after I got it and losing a bit of money on what I paid for it.

Anyhow, £700 is a lot of money as I'm sure you'll appreciate but it is a very good price for a 360. I just don't want to be disappointed again, this was the guitar I originally wanted and then changed my mind because they were unavailable at the time. I could most likely sell it for a profit if I can get it for this price and it turns out that I don't like it for whatever reason.

I'm indecisive, please offer me your advice and wisdom :)

Steve.
Scastles

Re: I may go for a 360...

Post by Scastles »

Based on what it would cost in U.S. dollars, it's a real good price, as long as the condition is good.
octagon

Post by octagon »

buzfluhart wrote:Based on what it would cost in U.S. dollars, it's a real good price, as long as the condition is good.
I agree.According to Google 700 British pounds = 1,034.81 U.S. dollars. That sounds like a great deal for a 360.
JohnnyMarrFan

Post by JohnnyMarrFan »

It's described as being in mint condition and comes with the hard case, tools and polishing cloth. I'm just waiting to see if the guy mails me back with some info...hopefully it'll turn out well. I've seen pics and it does look nice and in very good condition.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Steven,how you doing mate listen i myself just last week viewed a previously owned 330/12 and had the £££ in my pocket all set to buy but within 10 paces of the guitar i knew it was not coming home with me. Here`s some rules I adhere to when buying.

Instinct,Know in yourself that you like it,just because because its cheaper and second hand don't accept something that you think you might put up with cause when you get it home you'll regret it.
The seller,don't be taken in by his flow of words look at what your buying its the guitar your looking at not his construction of wise woven words.
The condition,Take into all accounts of what your are spending look for dings and pitfalls and most importantly play the guitar for as long as YOU want making sure that all is well with NECK,pickups,saddle and outputs,checking sound and knobs for volume and tone.
And finally put the guitar down and really think is this what i want.This is important for me i put the thing down look at it and think" Is this for me?"

Steven you know that you and i have had a couple of chats by PM and im hoping after the bad experience you had that your luck will change and you end up with a Rickenbacker that you will really enjoy! If you remeber I also had a bad deal with a Ric 620 but i kept the faith and got another that I really love and hope that you are going to have better luck this time.Wishing all the best of luck.
Scott
scotty

Post by scotty »

P.S I really admire the fact that you coming for another go at a RIC after a bad experience! Im sure your going to be a proud owner soon but remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it all goes T**s up hold on and your only a few hundred away from a new 360! well maybe 400 but you know what i mean!
Best wishes Scott
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

Hey Steven.

If you're a bit wobbly about buying a used Ric, Guitar Guitar in Newcastle have a few brand new 330/6 Jetglo's in stock. Listed at £899, you'll probably be able to haggle another £50 off that if you walk in there with a fist full of cash.

Worth considering I think.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Steven,great advice from Rob! me thinks....Save the £££s and get that guitar your wanting! :wink:
scotty

Post by scotty »

Rob where are the 360s for £899? i can see any there
JohnnyMarrFan

Post by JohnnyMarrFan »

Yeah I was considering going there, I heard about their discounts and I've bought from them before, it's a very good shop. I'm thinking that maybe because of the economy and with it being so near to christmas I could maybe get a good deal from Guitar Guitar, plus I'd be able to tests several Rics and choose the best one.

BTW, I'll happily buy a 330 instead. The reason I'm thinking of trying a Rickenbacker again, despite my problems with the last one, is because I watched a documentary called 'History Of The Guitar' which featured Johnny Marr playing his 330 and explaining how he got the sound for some of The Smiths songs. That man never fails to captivate me with his playing.
Last edited by JohnnyMarrFan on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

scotty wrote:Rob where are the 360s for £899? i can see any there

330's.............. :roll:
scotty

Post by scotty »

Ah sorry i missed that in your post but our Steven is looking for a 360.Cheers mate! :D
Last edited by scotty on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

scotty wrote:Ah sorry i missed that in your post but out steven is looking for a 360.Cheers mate! :D
Ahhh. Okey Dokey.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Atually steven check out the 330s our rob! might be right maybe a 330 would be just right up your street! :wink:
JohnnyMarrFan

Post by JohnnyMarrFan »

^ I'll settle for a 330 or 360, I had seen that particular deal on the Jetglo 330 and was interested in it. Thanks.

I was going to ask yesterday, how come the forum doesn't have a Ric classified section? or did I just miss it?

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”