Hank Marvin Tab?

Performing and Interpreting Shadows' Music
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Hank Marvin Tab?

Post by kenposurf »

Likely been covered here before but...I'd like to find a book or two with tab for HM/Shadows tunes..Thanks!! :D :D
goran
RRF Consultant

Re: Hank Marvin Tab?

Post by goran »

Hi

To my knowledge there are no official releases of tabs for Shadows songs. Only scores which usually does not reflect the actual playing on the records,and which almost never includes the "middle 8" parts (the small improvisations). You will have to download tabs from the Internet (such as my site....) and make a booklet of your own.

Goran
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The very good news for all of us is that Goran's work is excellent. :D
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Many thanks Goran...Learning these Shadows/Hank Marvin songs is a new adventure for me...love the melodic lines he plays :D :D
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Like this one...

syncop8r
Veteran RRF member

Post by syncop8r »

I don't like the drumming on that version...

Anyway, I bought a book back in 1995 called Hits Of The Shadows - Off The Record.
1992 International Music Publications. ISBN 0-86359-870-6

I basically learnt how to play guitar by playing along with the songs in this book.
Tabbed and scored are Apache, Atlantis, Dance On, F.B.I., Foot Tapper, Geronimo, Guitar Tango, Kon - Tiki, Riders In The Sky, Rise And Fall Of Flingel Blunt, Shindig and Wonderful Land.
Guitars, Bass, Drums, Horns Strings...
mmm...sacrilicious
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Mark. I have never seen this publication. Welcome to the RickResource Forum. Do you remember all of these Marvin numbers today?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
goran
RRF Consultant

Post by goran »

Hi

Interesting, would love to see how they are tabbed. (As most scored music for the Shadows doesn't reflect the actual playing, nor the arrangements on the records.)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

But yours surely do reflect the playing Goran. Thanks for this precision. :)

syncop8r
Veteran RRF member

Post by syncop8r »

admin wrote:Thanks Mark. I have never seen this publication. Welcome to the RickResource Forum. Do you remember all of these Marvin numbers today?
Thanks Peter. I haven't been here in a while - previous name Funkenbacker - you changed sites or something a while back, I changed email addresses, couldn't get back on or get a new password.

I still play theses tunes (although I'm more of a bassist and drummer - my drum tutor put me onto The Shadows when I was 16), amazing what your fingers can remember. My girlfriend and I have been jamming from this book - she plays flute - which sounds good doing the melody for Wonderful Land ;-)

It would be good if I could post a sample of the book without getting in trouble :|
mmm...sacrilicious
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mark: Thanks for this additional information. Let me know if you want me to activate your old account using you current email address. :)

syncop8r
Veteran RRF member

Post by syncop8r »

mmm...sacrilicious
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Book looks good..Thanks Mark :D
Goran's site as been a real pleasure to visit..lots of good stuff!

Return to “Shadows' Forum: by Goran”