Post by octagon »

Great Moments in TV History

The CHIPS punk rock episode

CPO Sharkey featuring The Dickies

whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Re: Quincy:The Punk Rock Episode!

Post by whojamfan »

The "CHiPs" one was worse. At a "punk rock" gig. Ponch got up and sang "Celebration" I think the bands name was "Pain"
Another tragic moment in 80s punk rock television was Lee Ving from "Fear" in an episode of "Fame" as a janitor turned singer. That was the day "Fear-the record" went flying across the room and broke in a zillion pieces.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

whojamfan wrote:The "CHiPs" one was worse. At a "punk rock" gig. Ponch got up and sang "Celebration" I think the bands name was "Pain"
Another tragic moment in 80s punk rock television was Lee Ving from "Fear" in an episode of "Fame" as a janitor turned singer. That was the day "Fear-the record" went flying across the room and broke in a zillion pieces.
Oh man, I remember these. I agree; the CHiPs episode was definitely worse!!! "Punks" dancing around to Ponch singing "Celebration". "Pain" singing their theme song "I Dig Pain". Blech!!!
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Just as laughable as those Skins in 21 Jump Street :lol: Media stereotypes,gotta love 'em.
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

Another one of my "punk rock infiltrates the networks" episode is the one with Suicidal Tendencies appearing on Miami Vice:

My favorite part is how the people are dancing like they're listening to freaking Duran Duran.

Another thing that cracks me up about all the slam dance depictions in the Quincy episode is the notion of intentional harm. At no time at ANY club in my slam dancing days did anyone EVER flat out punch somebody in the face. Matter of fact, if anyone ever fell to the ground, everyone in close proximity immediately stopped to help the person up. (Except for the Skinheads. They were different. Sometimes they'd all start kicking you while you were down.)
danbind

Post by danbind »

I like that "Choke" song!

Who says Jack Klugman didn't have any taste?
danbind

Post by danbind »

paologregorio wrote:
whojamfan wrote:The "CHiPs" one was worse. At a "punk rock" gig. Ponch got up and sang "Celebration" I think the bands name was "Pain"
Oh man, I remember these. I agree; the CHiPs episode was definitely worse!!! "Punks" dancing around to Ponch singing "Celebration". "Pain" singing their theme song "I Dig Pain". Blech!!!
...and worst of all, they were LIP-SYNCING!!!
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

One of the best ever depictions of punk on TV, even if it is satrirical..

WARNING - CONTAINS LOW LEVEL COARSE LANGUAGE

"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop

Return to “Light My Garage, Torch My Fire!: by Sheena Colvin”