Rickenbackers at Sound Relief?

Reports from Australia
bails
Veteran RRF member

Rickenbackers at Sound Relief?

Post by bails »

I didn't actually go, but I spent 10 hours watching TV yesterday and didn't see a single one.
Did anyone spot any?
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Re: Rickenbackers at Sound Relief?

Post by gregga41 »

For those "not in the know"....
.... Sound relief was a dual-city benefit concert for the Victorian bushfire and Queensland flood victims. Some of Australia's legendary bands reformed especially for the event.
Midnight Oil, Hunters and Collectors,Split Enz to name a few. In torrential rain for both Sydney and Melbourne, fans turned out to witness a spectacular event. Kylie Minogue hosted the Melbourne concert at the M.C.G, where 81,000 attended, and a further 40,000 made the trek to the Sydney show.
Yesterday also marked the "end" of the bushfire alert, as the final threat at Wilson's Prom National Park was declared "under control".
That comes six weeks after "Black Saturday", now known as Australia's worst national disaster.
Mark, i haven't seen any more than a few minutes of concert footage on the local news....no Ricks! Surely at least one should show up?? Didn't Slit Enz and Midnight Oil gear up with Ricks at some point in their careers?

Return to “Australian Chapter: by Greg Rahilly”