What would be the most rare color?

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

320capt

What would be the most rare color?

Post by 320capt »

I was trolling the register the other day and came across a 1968 Greenglo 360/6 that was kind of appealing actually.

So what would be considered the most rare Ric color? I would not think there could have been too many Greenglo's made.
Attachments
4-fullsize.jpg
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Re: What would be the most rare color?

Post by xpitt »

not neccecarily an original RIC finish, consider that there are some beautiful custom finishes out there done by the well known experts ! forumite mantaman has a beautiful orange one (I mean the guitar and not the man himself :lol: ) and jingle jangle has done some outstanding finishes on acoustics as well...
320capt

Post by 320capt »

What are some of the custom colors out there? Is the Greenglo '68 is a custom color?

Pics would be neat :D
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

See this thread :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=387467&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

...and check the posts from jingle jangle , you will find some there; also check the RIC forum on the official RIC website, go to "restauration...then to "Lots of new projects of...and then enjoy coloufully ! :D :D :D
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

Of the 'official' Ric colours, the only one I've never seen a picture of is the yellow (herngelb?) that I think was only produced for the German market?
I think that must be a pretty rare colour.
collin

Post by collin »

Talk to Craig Witty.

Technically, the rarest factory color would be a case when there is only ONE guitar painted in that color. I think Craig has a couple that fall under this category. (Purplered??glo you'd call it? )

Many of Paul's paint finishes are incredibly cool, but (acoustics withstanding of course) the regular guitar finishes don't count because they are ususally refinished that didn't come from the factory like that.
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Mateybob wrote:...... a picture of is the yellow (herngelb?) that I think was only produced for the German market?
German Market ? :lol: :lol: :lol: Never heard about something like a german market, I would have loved to ...we have to travel to Mailand , Italy or somewhere more far away, or have friends in US :wink:
Imagine ... the strongest european economy so far is served by a country candidate for a state bancrupt :?, excuse me please !
badeggs
Intermediate Member

Post by badeggs »

Mateybob wrote:Of the 'official' Ric colours, the only one I've never seen a picture of is the yellow (herngelb?) that I think was only produced for the German market?
Wasn't it similar to Gibson's "TV Yellow?"
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

badeggs wrote:
Mateybob wrote:Of the 'official' Ric colours, the only one I've never seen a picture of is the yellow (herngelb?) that I think was only produced for the German market?
Wasn't it similar to Gibson's "TV Yellow?"
I'm not sure if the shade was quite the same, but the color was called "Harngelb", which literally translates from German to "Urine Yellow"
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Uuuuh ... to call a colour "Harngelb" is ...eeeh...'com, somehow disgusting :shock: , they found a nicer name for the other one : montezuma brown, :lol: :lol: after the same named revenge ?? :lol: :lol:
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

:shock: "Urineglo" ?!? :o
All I wanna do is rock!
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

kiramdear wrote::shock: "Urineglo" ?!? :o
Yes, and thanks to Zymol, it will look wet forever! :lol:
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Eew! :P
All I wanna do is rock!
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

kiramdear wrote::shock: "Urineglo" ?!? :o
Sure would make a nice story at a bday party :wink:

W...
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
320capt

Post by 320capt »

There are three vermillion 650's in the resgister. If they have a Les Paul type sunburst they must be pretty cool. No pics tho. :cry:

Come to think about it, a sunburst 620 would rock!

If you could have Paul W do a re-finish for you, what would be your favorite custom color?

As for me, I think a sunburst 620 or a blueburst (I know, I know) but in more of a dark navy blue transitioning to a light blue in the Fireglo pattern.

A warm yellow (non-urine) yellowburst 360 might be cool too. I think I would call it "Tangerineburst" (as opposed to Urineburst). :shock:

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”