Aitch's 2009 UK adventure

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Re: Aitch's 2009 UK adventure

Post by mrs_brown »

What a great time! Keep posting pictures it is so much fun to see what is going to happen next. I love the picture of you on the beach Howard. It almost looks like that sand hurt. It appears you have had perfect weather. What a wonderful trip! Graham is doing a fine job so far, buy that man a beverage will you he looks parched!
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

Camber...Haven't been there since a kid.

Glad to see you having fun Aitch, and visiting all the right places. I was just down the road from you last Sunday at cricket, but you were up north. I've benn running from pillar to post myself since I got here last week, but hopefully will catch up with you both soon...
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Next week maybe, Wints?

We're away this weekend but back on Monday. The following Friday we go our separate ways for a week.
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

We can only do Monday night or Thursday next week....Quiz night Tuesday and the GG's Wednesday :D
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Perhaps you'd better contact my social secretary, Andy......... :P :P
leesh
Advanced Member

Post by leesh »

Hey fella's! Glad that you're having a grand summer adventure!!!!
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

I'll have to do that Aitch!

In Amsterdam partly next week, and still running. That's going to be tight with your schedule... :?

Where do the days go... :roll:
harvey49
Intermediate Member

Post by harvey49 »

Seems like you and Graham are having a wow of a time, and packing heaps into each day. :)

Pity you haven't found time to have a bit of a jam yet. I'm sure if you trott out a few Rics Graham, Howard would be more than willing to play them, in fact I'm amazed he's not suffering withdrawal symptoms from not having his daily guitar fix. I guess he's got his priorities right regarding his time management though, historic sites, good friends, a brew or two and sleep. Not much room for anything else - oh, maybe a bite to eat now and then. LOL

Hope you've allowed for some wind down time when you get back I think you're going to need it with what you're packing into this trip Howard. :D
Life wasn't meant to be easy
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Yesterday we went to another old pub for lunch...... I take it there are no new ones in this country! :wink:
The Ramblers Rest... 1684
The Ramblers Rest... 1684
After that we went on a tour of the Chislehurst caves..... fascinating and of some significance - they were used as bomb shelters during WW2 and at times housed 15,000 people. Sorry... no pics - pretty dark down there!

Last night Graham took me to one of London's more "upmarket" :? music venues - the Bridge House 2 in Canning Town:
The Bridge House...... posh!!!
The Bridge House...... posh!!!
Finally some Rickenbacker content. One of the bands(??) had a guy playing a 330JG.... it sounded good even if the rest of the band didn't!! :lol: :lol:
A Rick amid the mods....
A Rick amid the mods....
Last edited by ozover50 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Nice one Aitch.

At this rate you'll have a Masters in English History by the time you're finished !!!!

Have fun !!!
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

The next picture will be worth a fortune one day! One of the bands was a Who tribute band - Quadrophonia. Excellent band with a great bass player who happened to be........

Often heard and heard of but rarely seen ....let alone photographed!! :mrgreen:

"The Shadow", "The Whisper", "The Ghost".....................

The one and only................................

Wait for it........................................

SIMON MOLE!!
The Shadow.......
The Shadow.......
A truly lovely guy and a terrific bassist.

The other band that played was The Small Fakers. Being a huge Small Faces fan I was in my element..... the awesome sound of a cranked up Hammond through a miced up Leslie cabinet - delicious!! Terrific vocals and guitar work - these guys were really tight and nailed everything they did. It was a pretty small crowd and they could have just mucked around a bit but they gave it 100% plus. I wish they could get over to Australia.... I'd be their number one fan!!
The Small Fakers
The Small Fakers
I had a chat with the lead singer and drummer after the set.... again, super, super guys who are totally professional. I bought a t-shirt from the drummer and he threw in one of their "limited edition" ones for free - how good is that?? :D :D

This afternoon we're driving down to Teignmouth for a Tony Carey gig tonight and hopefully a pleasant weekend by the seaside.... the weather forecast isn't looking great, though. Really looking forward to catching up with Tony.

Nice pubs down that way too!! :wink:

Cheers!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by ozover50 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

harvey49 wrote:Seems like you and Graham are having a wow of a time, and packing heaps into each day. :)

Pity you haven't found time to have a bit of a jam yet. I'm sure if you trott out a few Rics Graham, Howard would be more than willing to play them, in fact I'm amazed he's not suffering withdrawal symptoms from not having his daily guitar fix. I guess he's got his priorities right regarding his time management though, historic sites, good friends, a brew or two and sleep. Not much room for anything else - oh, maybe a bite to eat now and then. LOL

Hope you've allowed for some wind down time when you get back I think you're going to need it with what you're packing into this trip Howard. :D
Yeah...... not having the daily guitar fix is tough stuff!! :?

I should be right, Ron. I arrive back on a Friday morning so I'll have the weekend to get over it and steel myself for the return to the office...... erk!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

But that's a few weeks off yet................. :mrgreen:
scotty

Post by scotty »

Looks like a top night i wish i was there the Small Fakers are a top tribute band.Cant wait to drink you two ladies under the table.......... :twisted:
dr_bob
RRF Consultant

Post by dr_bob »

The gauntlet has been thrown down. Now let's see if someone throws up :P !!
The world is made of stories not atoms and every guitar has a story.
scotty

Post by scotty »

heres a taster for those who have not seen the SF akers. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=386368

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”