Sheet Music Sites

Putting music theory into practice
admin
Site Admin

Sheet Music Sites

Post by admin »

If you know of sites that have sheet music that one can download, why not let us know here. Here is an interesting one, especially for those who are in marching bands or jazz combos.

http://brassliberation.org/sheetmusic.php
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jimk
RRF Consultant

Re: Sheet Music Sites

Post by jimk »

So I take it that other sorts of music sites are welcome then? Even those that are not guitar oriented?

JimK
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, that is what I had in mind, Jim.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Here are a couple that I'm interested in.
Fifedrum.org
Kaw Valley Fife & Drum Corps Tune List

The second link is to the play book for another band that I play in, called the Kaw Valley Fife & Drum Corps.

JimK
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

I don't mean this in any offensive way to anyone. I know location is about the only way some can do this, or the only way some stuff can be found. I understand the convenience of internet downloading, and have even done it myself on things I know no music store would have, but please, check your local store. I've watched 2 very prominent music stores that specialized in sheet music go under from internet downloading. Both of these stores were family owned, had 2 generations of employees working for them, and were pillars in the music community with their band instruments, pianos, all styles of lessons, and guitar/bass/drum stuff. As a little kid, I used to spend hours looking through the book racks, drooling over guitars, and wondering what all of those little square metal gizmos with the funny names did. I always looked forward to going to these stores, seeing the gear, the people, and the whole atmoshere.

I hear folks complain about their favorite old hardware stores that had knowledgable folks and every little thing you could imagine go out of business when Walmart came to town, this is the same thing people. Unless we want to order all of our gear from sight unseen warehouses, we must make an effort to support our local music stores, or there won't be any. For me, this rant will never be over, as I spent too much of my life directly involved in it to just write it off as "progress".

Sorry to hijack this thread, I just feel very strongly about this, and I think that it is something too many people take for granted. Again, this is not intended as an offensive post, and my apologies to anyone if I have done so.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

No problems here, Mike. I think your point is quite well made, and articulate. Just so you know, the music on the two links I posted are only offered on the web, so far as I know.

JimK
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mike: By asking about available sites I am really interested in what I cannot buy at my local music store. Also there are, of course, lots of sites that allow us to purchase software and download it digitally. But the songs I am seeking are often times unavailable or not in the key required. Your comments are certainly well taken. But it is difficult to find the one hit wonders such as Mr. Dieingly Sad by the Critters for example. My local music store was not helpful in this case and really showed little interest in following through with my request.

squirefan01
Intermediate Member

Post by squirefan01 »

If you are interested in printing nicely formatable blank sheet music, here is a great site for that:

http://www.blanksheetmusic.net/
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Very cool, Greg! :D
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

We had a great sheet music store here that closed last year, just as I was getting interested in buying some charts for some older songs.

One of my local music stores now has a services where they can download/print whatever sheet music in the database library and you buy it so the copyright/royalty issues are addressed.

I don't know the name of the website, but I think they only sell access to music stores.
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”