New Heart

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
royclough
RRF Consultant

New Heart

Post by royclough »

In 1981 The Searchers re-signed to the old PYE label now known as PRT they released one fine single and recorded approx 5 tracks for a new album, sadly PRT dropped the group after the single made no impact and these five tracks rarely heard, here's one of them

Line up Pender, McNally, Allen and Adamson photos reflect this.

winston
Membership Admin

Re: New Heart

Post by winston »

Thanks for posting that Roy. I had never heard this song before. It truly has an 80's feel to it with the keyboards upfront in the mix like that. I really like it. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

when I get round to it will post the other lost tracks
chriscurtisfan

Post by chriscurtisfan »

Roy, is this one of the ones you were going to post? This song truly touches my heart -- is this the single that didn't sell??? If so, what a travesty. Mike's voice -- just doesn't get better than this!! And the depth of emotion -- there are no words. Thank you for posting it to Youtube so I could find it!! It is 'stuck' in my head, and that just doesn't get much better, does it!! I sent it to all my YT friends and I know they will just love it! Also my Lead song on my CCF Channel. The fact that Chris isn't part of it -- saddens me, but doesn't take away from the profound voices of Mikey P, JohnnyMac and Frankie! Searchers forever -- all of them!!! Past, present and those who have left us permanently -- we love them. :)
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

There is no doubt this would have been on the proposed album but this single didn't sell so PRT, the record labe,l shelved the album

The tracks were New Heart (posted) Innocent Victim(posted) Good Way To Fall and In the Heat Of The Night, this track will feature on a new box set as previously unavailable, though technically not totally correct, I have held back on posting that track.

I believe it will be stated that it was to be the follow up single to I Don't Want To Be The One but again I am not sure that is correct, I recall Mike Pender telling me they thought Innocent Victim was to be the next single, that is before they got the news that the option of another single and album was not going to happen.

I do have an alternative version of this Cheri may post that sometime.
chriscurtisfan

Post by chriscurtisfan »

Thanks for the info, Roy! Looking forward to the time when you post the alternative version of I Don't Want to Be the One. It's a beautiful song, and should have sold. How anybody can't be touched by that song/sound -- is mind boggling. But, I am so Searchers biased -- and wouldn't have it any other way. Cheri :D
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan
wrd

Post by wrd »

Thanks to Roy and Cheri for posting those great songs. Mike's fantastic voice is clearly up front on melody. Who took over the high harmony parts after Chris left? Who ever it is, John/Frank, does and extremely fine job.

Wonderful and thanks again...
Rick D.
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

"Innocent victim" was really good — rocking and all. As for the others — well, maybe they weren't bad at all, but way overloaded with synthetic sound (for me). Somehow un-natural or something. Like a beautiful, slim birch painted in nuclear pink and decorated with Swarovski crystals.
Sorry, but this new sound didn't work for me. Just a humble opinion, nothing more.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”