4003 FL Recently shipped from RIC!

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ajish4
RRF Moderator

4003 FL Recently shipped from RIC!

Post by ajish4 »

OOH BABY....

I HOPE this isn't just one of the back ordered FL's.

Was just over on the the RIC company site and it states a FL in Jetglo (RATS) just shipped! :wink:

ANYONE know if they are back in production again?

I'd LOVE to order a new one with the new two piece thin neck design. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)....just not in Jetglo! :wink: :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: 4003 FL Recently shipped from RIC!

Post by cjj »

:lol: :lol: :lol: +1 on the JetGlo
I haven't seen/heard anything about resuming production, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they still have outstanding orders from before they stopped. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if they started production again without telling anyone either...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
FretlessOnly
Advanced Member

Post by FretlessOnly »

All other things being equal, I'd trade my MID FL for a JG FL any day of the week.
Can we have everything louder than everything else?
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

If it is a new bass it ought to have two-piece neck--yummy. Here's hoping things work their way, slowly but surely, towards a revived 3-piece neck like CJ's new bass! I would buy an FL like that in a second.
Rickenhands

Post by Rickenhands »

FretlessOnly wrote:All other things being equal, I'd trade my MID FL for a JG FL any day of the week.
John - I'm game for your MID FL if you ever get tired of it (like that would ever happen). :wink:

I'm still giddy over my MID 4003, and boy would I love a MID FL to match. What year is your MID FL?

Peace!
Man, I love my Ric!
FretlessOnly
Advanced Member

Post by FretlessOnly »

Not likely to get tired of it any time too soon, but it's a July '08. Soon to have a neck toaster dropped in.
Can we have everything louder than everything else?
Low End Lover

Post by Low End Lover »

This thread gives me hope...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Welcome to the forum, Jason! If you can't get a new 4003FL from RIC, maybe you can find a good deal on a used one on ebay. I see them listed there regularly.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Mike Parks at "The Rickenbacker Page" still has a Blueburst 4003FL listed. Probably ain't cheap, but it's the only new one I've seen in quite a while...
http://www.the-music-connection.com/ric.htm (Under "Just Arrived" in green).
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Low End Lover

Post by Low End Lover »

cjj wrote:Mike Parks at "The Rickenbacker Page" still has a Blueburst 4003FL listed. Probably ain't cheap, but it's the only new one I've seen in quite a while...
http://www.the-music-connection.com/ric.htm (Under "Just Arrived" in green).
CJ,

Thanks for the tip. You gave me the "heads up" about that Blueburst Mike has on the RIC forum. I called him and talked to him a bit, great guy. I think those Bluebursts are just stunning, but I just can't come up with the $$$ for it right now. Even if I got what I am asking for the bass I am selling, I would still be around a grand short.

I know I shouldn't ask this, but does ANYONE have a guess when 4003FL will go back into production. I am new to Rics, having gotten a 2010 4003 in January and a 2009 330 in May and I was able to get them instantly. I guess what I want to know is what exactly the backlog situation is and how bad it is. I really don't totally understand because it looks like there are plenty of 4003's, 330's and 360's out there for sale. If I am missing something obvious, let me know...gently. I am a noob here! :oops: It's just hard to not know when they will be available again.

Thank you Joey for the nice welcome. I will keep my eyes on eBay, but, to be honest, I am a bit nervous buying a bass off there. Any tips?

LEL
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Just tune in around mid-January each year, that's usually when news is published on the goings-on at RIC.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

You know, I'd kind of like to get a fretless Ric bass.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Low End Lover wrote:I will keep my eyes on eBay, but, to be honest, I am a bit nervous buying a bass off there. Any tips?
Bid on instruments from sellers that have excellent feedback, ask questions to the seller about the FL if you have any. As well, post any questions about a particular FL right here. Pay by Paypal.
If my co-host, Tony would ever show up here, he's the ebay super expert. His name should be changed to Tony Cabebay.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jai_the_bass

Post by jai_the_bass »

rickenbrother wrote:
Low End Lover wrote:I will keep my eyes on eBay, but, to be honest, I am a bit nervous buying a bass off there. Any tips?
Bid on instruments from sellers that have excellent feedback, ask questions to the seller about the FL if you have any. As well, post any questions about a particular FL right here. Pay by Paypal.
Definitely agree with Joey's comments.
I've been lucky & bought 4 guitars from ebay sellers (Gordon Smith GS2, Stingray Fretless & 2 Ricks - a 4080/6 and a 1971 21fret 4001).
I've never had a prob, but always paid by Paypal. After a while you start to get a feel for what's right. Look, not only at the sellers feedback, but also those who leave it. Have they had multiple dealings with the same few people etc; any real issues on negative comments? I don't tend to worry about the "he had it, sold it & gave me my money back" type of grumble...I'd be more concerned if he had it, sold it & DIDN'T return the money! Good luck with the search :)
Can we have a bit more talent in the monitors please.....?
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

rickenbrother wrote:
If my co-host, Tony would ever show up here, he's the ebay super expert. His name should be changed to Tony Cabebay.
BAH!

Just because I don't post.............ah, never mind! :)

You folks covered all the basses! PUN INTENDED. Just make sure he has a return policy and again, the all important FEEDBACK....There are a few stores (NOT RIC DEALERS) that are better than others. Gbase.com is also a good place to start, but the prices are usually higher than on Ebay.

I've purchased MANY RIC's off of Ebay, and never had a problem.

On another note, I'm personally patiently waiting for RIC to start making them again. I'd love one with the new two piece neck design with a factory toaster.....and HOPEFULLY a COY.....or even a 4004CiiFL :mrgreen: Sorry....got carried away there. :roll:

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”