budrocket

Post by budrocket »

Oh no, please do it on line...I'm all ears too <g>

bw
"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

You know what's strange, The Eggmen have been together since '91, work as much as we want, never have to go get gigs-every gig we play is from someone contacting US, have won our category in the big local(Austin)music awards the last 5 years(should find out about #6 in a couple weeks), are VERY professional and flexible, but we get VERY little interest from local agencies. I doubt if we average more than 3 agency gigs a year.
We have a huge fanbase, and our website is pretty busy, we just set a new one-day record for visits with 306 on Feb.08.
We don't really play bars in the general sense, we do have a couple steady, monthly gigs at large, outdoor venues here that serve booze/food.
We're in the papers, on radio and TV and yet no agent has ever approached us about representing us full-time. I have no idea.
But, we do OK without 'em.
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" Austin Music Poll 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

Now, all that being said, if you wanna look for an agent/agency I would talk to guys who work at the local music stores, party supply stores, venues that can be rented for parties(these people especially can tell you who's reliable and who's trouble). you can sometimes find them in the phone book but I'd check with the BBB just in case.
Texas has the Texas Music Commission who has such listings and is pretty tuff on keeping things legit, your state may have one too.
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" Austin Music Poll 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
firstbassman
Advanced Member

Post by firstbassman »

Thanks Ronn for the info, much appreciated.
And talking to venues that rent out is a great idea.
I'll let all know how this turns out.
audiodrome

Re: The real story of McGuinn's 1st RIC

Post by audiodrome »

myfretless wrote:Does anyone know the real story as to what happened to McGuinn's first RIC, the 1964 360-12 that was converted to a 370-12 and had numerous modifications?

Roger says it was stolen around 1966. Some guy in Seattle has it now and says it's legally his. John Hall refuses to comment specifically about it on the RIC website.

Anyone really know?
Since the end of last year I have been working with Roger McGuinn on a "Folk Den" documentary. In the spring the crew went down to his house in Florida to do some filming and as he was showing us his music room I asked him if he still had any of his "Byrds" guitars. He told me that the '64 was indeed stolen and that he has made several attempts, all in vain, to find out how it found its way to the Experience Music Project museum. The only "Byrds" Rickenbacker that he still owns is the 370/12 he bought in 1970 to replace his customized 1966 370/12, which by then was badly in need of repair. Interestingly, he didn't save very much in the way of Byrds memorabilia, but he does still have the Moog synthesizer that he used on his first solo album! :D

Here are a few cool pictures...

Zurdo

Re: The real story of McGuinn's 1st RIC

Post by Zurdo »

I don't believe any of the where-is-it stories of RM's first 360-12 ► 370-12. I read it had a cracked headstock too, just like Lennon's 325. Who knows...

Mine is a 1966, my parents bought it brand-new in Miami in 1967 for my 17th birthday. I refuse to state my age now. It is the only guitar I've kept all my life.
Rickenbacker 370-12 1966, Hofner 500/1 1966, Gibson ES-150 DCW 1970,
Vox Viscount 1967, Vox Series 90 1969. Yamaha PSR-9000 Midi Sequencer Arranger 2000

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”