Am6(Maj7)/E

Putting music theory into practice
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Am6(Maj7)/E

Post by doctorwho »

winston wrote:I just had time to play the chord you posted Gary and that is indeed the chord The Beatles used. Thanks very much. I would have been trying different chord shapes for days I suspect. :D
You are most welcome, Brian! I was glad to have been able to find it. :D

I must be clear that I did not chart that chord myself. For future reference, here's how I found it:

1. I typed in "Am6(Maj7)/E" in Google search

2. One of the displayed hits had Am6 and Am(maj7) highlighted, and being that it was a tablature website, I clicked on the link (shown as safe)

3. The song that was displayed in the page that was opened had the two chords cited, but not the desired Am6(Maj7)/E; however, the webpage had links to artists by letter, so I clicked on "B"

4. I scrolled the "B" section to get to Beatles, then clicked on that link

5. I scrolled the alphabetical song list and clicked on the All I Want To Do tab with a 4.1/5 rating

6. I copied the start of the song provided in that tab and pasted in in my posting

Voila! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

You dug a lot deeper into those sites than I did Gary. Persistence pays off as always. I figured one of our members who is into The Beatles in a big way would know the answer, off the cuff. Thanks again for researching that for me.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

doctorwho wrote: You are most welcome, Brian! I was glad to have been able to find it. :D

I must be clear that I did not chart that chord myself. For future reference, here's how I found it:

1. I typed in "Am6(Maj7)/E" in Google search

2. One of the displayed hits had Am6 and Am(maj7) highlighted, and being that it was a tablature website, I clicked on the link (shown as safe)

3. The song that was displayed in the page that was opened had the two chords cited, but not the desired Am6(Maj7)/E; however, the webpage had links to artists by letter, so I clicked on "B"

4. I scrolled the "B" section to get to Beatles, then clicked on that link

5. I scrolled the alphabetical song list and clicked on the All I Want To Do tab with a 4.1/5 rating

6. I copied the start of the song provided in that tab and pasted in in my posting

Voila! :)

Gary-- your approach for solving the chord mystery is brillant.

And Brian, your earlier comment about confusing/obscure chord names is on the money !
winston wrote:That's why I quit learning the more obscure chord names 40 odd years ago. They can have two or three different names. :lol:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

You know...........this chord Am6(Maj7)/E when well played, has a similar characteristic to it, for me at least as THE chord. It is a thing of beauty. 8)
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Brian,

the bass can be heard much more clearly on the stereo remaster.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hi Shane. Happy New Year. Thanks very much for finding that version and posting it.

jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

winston wrote:You know...........this chord Am6(Maj7)/E when well played, has a similar characteristic to it, for me at least as THE chord. It is a thing of beauty. 8)
I tried figuring out how to spell that chord on the guitar neck just by how you gave it, Brian. And you're right. It does have That Quality to it. So I must've gotten pretty close.
JimK
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Jim, try it on your 12 string Rickenbacker. It sounds amazing.

jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Will do.
JimK

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”