Going to Philadelphia

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Going to Philadelphia

Post by jps »

Shari & I are going to stay in the Philly area for a few days after MARF. Any suggestions for a good B&B to stay at? Thanks. :)
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Going to Philadelphia

Post by jdogric12 »

John Kindig House

http://www.johnkindighouse.com/

Not exactly Philly, but I've stayed there and highly recommend.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

We'll check it out, thanks! :)
tmossman

Post by tmossman »

jps wrote:Shari & I are going to stay in the Philly area for a few days after MARF. Any suggestions for a good B&B to stay at? Thanks. :)
What do you what to do or see? Determining your local destinations could help narrow down potential accommodations.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Primarily historic things, along with the art museum. We have some friends in Elkins Park, and have stayed with them, but with our animal allergies that is no longer possible. I also have to make sure the instruments I bring to MARF are safe and sound wherever we end up staying as I won't be dragging them around with us. Any suggestions for things to do, eat at, etc. are most welcome. :D

How about a post MARF get-together for those in the area?
marc61

Post by marc61 »

You can store the instruments by me. I'm sure Evan won't mind :)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Now, where did I put those case keys? :mrgreen:
tmossman

Post by tmossman »

Quick answer - I always recommend The Morris House. It is a cool building, in the heart of the old city. Walking distance to old papers, various dead people, a mint, a flag lady, etc. Slightly expensive, but worth it. Watch the site as they run specials regularly.

I don't think it rates #1 but this might interest you:
Bryn Mawr’s Yangming is no stranger to accolades: it was ranked by USA Today in 2005 as one of America’s “Ten Great Places to dine on fine Chinese food,” and twice selected to prepare a banquet at the celebrated James Beard House in New York City.

But this past Sunday, Yangming received its greatest measure of distinction: it placed first at the 7th annual “Top 100,” a first-of-its-kind national competition run by Chinese Restaurant News, America’s leading national publication focusing on the Chinese restaurant industry.

With dishes like Spicy Veal Ravioli, Mango Chicken with Mirin Brandy Sauce and Wok-Tossed Mustard Coconut Shrimp, it’s no wonder Yangming has received such positive national attention. But out of 45,000 Chinese restaurants nationwide, in an industry that produces 2.5 million meals a day, the award is still staggering.

CBS Sunday Morning did a piece on the whole awards ceremony this weekend; check it out online and catch a glimpse of Yangming winning first.

Yangming
1051 Conestoga Road, Bryn Mawr
http://www.yangmingrestaurant.com
I will work on a comprehensive list for you.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Thanks, much! 8)
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

After seeing your comment about animal allergies... I think the innkeepers at Kindig may have a cat. :(
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Yeah, they mentioned that on their website. :|

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”