Post-NAMM So Cal Mini Con - Results

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

JakeK
RRF Consultant

Re: Post-NAMM So Cal Mini Con - Results

Post by JakeK »

Ross, 2 questions:

1. How did you score that bass?
2. How were you able to take it on the plane?

You guys looked like you had a blast! This October's SCARF, I'm planning on going (already started saving!), and bringing a guy (my best friend) who can play nearly every Beatles song as well as (perfectly!) TP's "Don't Do Me Like That" on the piano. Also, this year, I will have two different variations of guitar chords/sheet music for "Here Comes My Girl", so NO ONE who thought about playing it can back out!
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

Thanks all - I couldn't pass this one up (Todd - impulsive??? Moi??? :lol: )

Actually I had my radar set on this one for a while. When Mike arrived at the Jam with her, well it was just about a done deal for me when I opened the case. Mike graciously let me play it for a couple of numbers and my gas pains were severe (Mike - good salesmanship!). Now I have the 4003 to go with my 330AFG...one day I might get lucky and acquire a 660-12 AFG to round out the herd (or a 4004 AFG...can you tell i have a thing for this color? :twisted: )

Jake - Easy score - I saw, I played, put on a poker face and mulled it over for a few days. Did the deal after I returned from SoCal so no, I did not bring it on the plane with me. When I travel for business I have one checked bag and my laptop bag - that's quite enough for me to drag in and out of airports thankyewveddymuch! :mrgreen:

And a big thanks to Mike for a smooth transaction - I'll take good care of her! 8)

I need to take a update family picture to welcome #9 to the clan....
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I hope you are enjoying it very much, Ross you should be! :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
coolingitdown
Intermediate Member

Post by coolingitdown »

Very nice! Enjoy that one!
2010 4003 FG
1997 4003FL Turquoise
Set neck 4001S (color TBD)
8mileshigher

Post-NAMM So Cal Mini Con - Results

Post by 8mileshigher »

JakeK wrote:
You guys looked like you had a blast! This October's SCARF, I'm planning on going (already started saving!),

Jake ---- if you catch the drift on a couple of other postings, it seems the hints are popping up that the 2011 SCARF might possibly be in early August - not October. :wink: Just saying that historically early August has seen a few Confluence events in So Cal, although nothing "official" has been announced, as far as I know.

So keep tuned in ... :)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

windchimp wrote:Thanks all - I'll take good care of her! 8).
Ross, make sure you run it through your compressor. :shock: :lol:
Last edited by jps on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

8mileshigher wrote:Jake ---- if you catch the drift on a couple of other postings, it seems the hints are popping up that the 2011 SCARF might possibly be in early August - not October. :wink: Just saying that historically early August has seen a few Confluence events in So Cal, although nothing "official" has been announced, as far as I know.

So keep tuned in ... :)
I will keep tuned in, but I hope we can do like we did for Ricktoberfest and base it around what TV shows are shooting around the weekend.

Rumor has it that Two and a Half Men is going to be wrapping up production of the show, due in part to Charlie Sheen's reckless activities outside of Warner Studios, while CBS, Warner Bros and the executive producers are ready to end it. They've brought back a recurring character from Seasons 1-4 who fans and cast alike think should be married to Charlie's character for the show's Series Finale.

I really enjoyed how flexible you guys were with me wanting to try and base SCARF/Ricktoberfest around the tapings. I remember how jazzed up those of you who've seen Pretty in Pink were when I told you that I met Jon Cryer the previous night!
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

jps wrote:
windchimp wrote:Thanks all - I'll take good care of her! 8).
Ross, make sure you run it through your compressor. :shock: :lol:
That compressor is beyond vintage! They were temperamental - it would choke on a bumble-bee let alone a low-b! :lol:

Fun fact - it would take 4 of those strapped on the wing of the new 787 to equal the output of one of the GE-Nx blowers. 8)
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
bluegrassmoker

Post by bluegrassmoker »

haha i wish i could go to NAMM
god nammit
http://www.sundlofengineering.com

Modifications, Restorations, Innovations and one of a kind creations...

http://www.myspace.com/patrickgrigsbysundlof

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”