Rick-12 String found in DUMPSTER!!

Those who flock to The Byrds
billydlight

Re: Rick-12 String found in DUMPSTER!!

Post by billydlight »

What exactly is it that "we" think we know, sir? I am not sure I like your tone. I don't appreciate you insinuating that I am a liar. I have been nothing but truthful, and whatever your thoughts are I assure you they are incorrect. And if there are people out there creating 360F's maybe if you would do it then no one would have to. But as far as this one is concerned. I am absolutely telling the truth. I am a long time LOYAL Rickenbacker customer and have spent a lot of money on your product. DO NOT call me a liar and liken me to a "work at home scheme" I deserve better after all of the years I have touted Rickenbacker as THE guitar to have to anyone who would listen.

Billy D. Light

I imagine this will get deleted but I HOPE NOT
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Gentlemen, gentlemen......let's keep it civil here. I will be watching this closely.
JimK
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

Hi, I've gotta add my two cents on this.
When anyone makes a claim such as this one, they have to be prepared for the inevitable questions and doubt that will certainly follow. The doubt level increases with the value of the supposed 'treasure' that was found. When you go into the barn with the old folks whose son died years ago in the military, lift the tarp, and find a mint Harley, Corvette, T-Bird, etc., that's going to be doubted far more than finding a beatup Plymouth Bellvedere or a Pinto.
So, the story is that you just happened to spot a broken guitar in a dumpster, recognized its value, did not contact RIC to see if they had info on it or could repair it, did not bring it to a qualified luthier to fix it, instead, brought it to a friend, who re-necked it as a 12, took no pictures of his work, and whose funeral just happened to be the day before you were asked about him.... Can you see why some folks might have some doubt?
The guitar sounds far better than the story. I've gotta go with the CEO on this. Bottom line, though..... nice sounding guitar, no matter where and how it got here. Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
billydlight

Post by billydlight »

It had been said that "truth is stranger than fiction" I can't change the facts. No one has the right to call me a liar. But believe me... I'm not losing sleep. I still have a killer guitar, that I will have forever. :D

BTW Happy Birthday JH! Many Happy returns! 8)
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

OK then, both sides are sticking to their stories. Fine by me. Now, can we move on, please?
JimK
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

johnhall wrote:Yeah, we know all about this one.

Like they say, some things are just too good to be true, sorta like those "work at home" schemes.
Hey John-----I work all the time at home, and the wife schemes to make me do it....I'm paid NOTHING :lol:

God bless your company---if I EVER get any cash, I'm buying another Rick 12, and a 4001 bass.....FireGlow of course..... 8)
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

OK. I think it's about time to tie this thread up.
JimK

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”