Beatles Museum in Halle / Germany

Reports from Germany
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Beatles Museum in Halle / Germany

Post by xpitt »

Here is a link to a Beatles Museum in Halle / Germany. It is said to have the biggest collection in continental Europe. It was found in Cologne.

http://www.beatlesmuseum.net/cms/museum/allgemein

There is no english version, that's sad.
electrofaro

Re: Beatles Museum in Halle / Germany

Post by electrofaro »

Wasn't this on german telly the other day? :?:

It's as much out of place as the churchbell museum I visited in Lapland...
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Wildberry wrote: It's as much out of place as the churchbell museum I visited in Lapland...
:lol: True ! If it was in Hamburg....When they had to move from Cologne they started a tender where to go, it looks like Halle made the best offer. I haven't visited the museum my self. Was in Halle once and the museum was closed.. :shock: Have you ever been in Halle ? It's just not a place you really want to go: As the fabs sang : Not A Second Time :shock:
doctorno
RRF Consultant

Post by doctorno »

Actually this is more a Beatles souvenir shop with a very clever marketing strategy than a real museum. I have been there now and then when they still were in Cologne. I suppose they went to Halle to get subsidies from the local goverment for their "museum", which they did not get in Cologne, of course.

Do not make the mistake to sign up to their newsletter. You will never get rid of their daily e-mails anymore.

Return to “German Chapter: by Markus Horn”