Searchers Concert Recent

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
chriscurtisfan

Searchers Concert Recent

Post by chriscurtisfan »

Hi -- one of my Youtube friends recently saw The Searchers in UK and he videotaped the concert, at my request. If you are like me, and will never be able to see them in person, you might enjoy watching them. He had to break the concert into different video uploads. This is the first section, from what I can tell. Enjoy the concert!
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan
chriscurtisfan

Re: Searchers Concert Recent

Post by chriscurtisfan »

Part 2 of the concert!!

Part 2 of the concert!!
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Always enjoy their concerts but for me I prefer the present line up when they do numbers not associated with their 60s past.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Roy: I quite agree. Also it is always a struggle to include the audience especially when it means changing the arrangement of the song. While fun for the participants, it is sometimes not fully appreciated in the video.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
chriscurtisfan

Post by chriscurtisfan »

I agree, Roy. Thank you for that observation.

My own choice is the original line up playing their 60's music. It's very difficult for me to hear or see a different drummer than Chris Curtis or to hear other people doing his part of the vocals. I miss him. :(

But I have to believe the current line up to include John and Frank, in this instance, truly enjoy playing their old songs. No doubt, Mike Pender enjoys singing those tunes as well. If that makes them happy, that is to the good. And I know there must be people in their audiences who enjoy hearing The Searchers play anything. As I would enjoy hearing Chris sing the phonebook if only I could! :D

I need that Time Machine I keep asking my friends to construct for me.
rob_mac

Post by rob_mac »

royclough wrote:Always enjoy their concerts but for me I prefer the present line up when they do numbers not associated with their 60s past.
Think your just too familiar with the material Roy!
I still like the sixties stuff best, my favourites are four strong winds, what have they done to the rain, take me for what I'm worth and till i met you. I Don't like it when they string all the hits as a medley much and i hate the light show they have!! and don't get me started on the audience participation :( I want to see and hear the band play the songs, that's what i go for, not to listen the people around me!! last time i saw them they got the audience singing along on the first number! It was awful.

Great bit of filming, not easy as most Theatre's in the Uk have a no camera policy or stop you using them. i nearly got thrown out last time i tried :D

Chris Curtis was a one off, searchers were never the same after he left :(

Rob
chriscurtisfan

Post by chriscurtisfan »

Rob, I have to agree with everything you said. I prefer the hits to be sung in entirety as that's why I go to a concert. And nothing more annoying than when the amateuers in the audience are invited to sing along! :roll: In fairness to The Searchers, this 'practice' seems to go on in quite a few concerts by other performers and I have never appreciated the concept. I prefer total silence (never figured out why the other girls screamed at the Beatles concerts when I was 12 -- I guess I was born 'old') so I can hear the music and the words to the songs from the band I paid to see.

Even on the live Swedish Sessions track of When You Walk In The Room, Chris invites the audience to all sing along!!! Fortunately, we can't hear them if they ARE singing....what a break!!!

You are right about Chris -- he was ♥ spectacular ♥ obviously, his life was never the same without the other Searchers either. They all needed each other. They each brought something magic to the table, and some of us will always prefer the music that included Chris and/or Tony.

One of my Top Five...

rob_mac

Post by rob_mac »

chriscurtisfan wrote:Rob, I have to agree with everything you said. I prefer the hits to be sung in entirety as that's why I go to a concert. And nothing more annoying than when the amateuers in the audience are invited to sing along! :roll: In fairness to The Searchers, this 'practice' seems to go on in quite a few concerts by other performers and I have never appreciated the concept. I prefer total silence (never figured out why the other girls screamed at the Beatles concerts when I was 12 -- I guess I was born 'old') so I can hear the music and the words to the songs from the band I paid to see.

Even on the live Swedish Sessions track of When You Walk In The Room, Chris invites the audience to all sing along!!! Fortunately, we can't hear them if they ARE singing....what a break!!!

You are right about Chris -- he was ♥ spectacular ♥ obviously, his life was never the same without the other Searchers either. They all needed each other. They each brought something magic to the table, and some of us will always prefer the music that included Chris and/or Tony.

One of my Top Five...

Glad to hear Im not the only one that hates the sing a longs. I have no objection to people sing away at a concert providing the band is load enough to cover it up!!

Lucky you seeing the Beatles! Does not sound like you could hear them very well though :(

Chris brought a certain magic to the Searchers that has never been recaptured since. If only they had kissed and made up in 66 :D things might have been so different

Rob
rob_mac

Post by rob_mac »

Criticisms of the sing-a-long aspect of the Searchers performance aside, they are still the very best sixties act still performing :D
get along and see them if you get a chance!!

Rob
chriscurtisfan

Post by chriscurtisfan »

The Searchers (all of them) are the best band(s) that EVER performed! I'm just glad that Chris Curtis, in his own inimitable way, requested the audience NOT to sing along with Needles & Pins on the Swedish Radio Sessions. Too, tooo funny! :lol: If I ever had a chance to see any of them in concert, nothing would stop me!

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”