7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: 7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Post by kiramdear »

I won't try to top that. :shock: :lol: Just guitars and underwear for my part. Less to bring means less to carry around. :lol:
All I wanna do is rock!
fatcat
Intermediate Member

Post by fatcat »

I haven't been paying attention until today and have a few questions to resolve.Maybe the answers are in the Facebook event, but I can't find it.

Iffen I get in Friday 8/5 and leave Mon 8/8 will that be plenty of time?
There will already be a 370-12RM, so I can leave mine home?If so, might bring a 660-12.(depends on the airline.)
THNX for any help.

Edited out QQQ about airport after looking at a map>

2nd edit, about hotel.There's a Residence Inn nearby.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

The Marriott is kiddie-corner across the street from The Starting Gate
For Airport options you also have Long Beach airport and the Orange County (John Wayne) mentioned. Whatever airport you choose is in reasonable driving distance..... the Long Beach airport is probably the closest to Los Alamitos and its a real nice "little" airport compared to LAX. You can actually walk from the parking structure to the Terminal building at Long Beach airport carrying luggage, it's that close and convenient. LB is served by Jet Blue, Alaska, Delta and a couple of other carriers.

Friday to Monday will cover the main event .... not sure at this stage, if there will be a post-SCARF Mini Jam, afterwards on the Mon or Tues night... sometimes these secondary jams happen like spontaneous combustion. Hope you can make it, FatCat ! :D
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

8mileshigher wrote:The Marriott is kiddie-corner across the street from The Starting Gate
For Airport options you also have Long Beach airport and the Orange County (John Wayne) mentioned. Whatever airport you choose is in reasonable driving distance..... the Long Beach airport is probably the closest to Los Alamitos and its a real nice "little" airport compared to LAX. You can actually walk from the parking structure to the Terminal building at Long Beach airport carrying luggage, it's that close and convenient. LB is served by Jet Blue, Alaska, Delta and a couple of other carriers.

Friday to Monday will cover the main event .... not sure at this stage, if there will be a post-SCARF Mini Jam, afterwards on the Mon or Tues night... sometimes these secondary jams happen like spontaneous combustion. Hope you can make it, FatCat ! :D
Minor thread drift; the LB airport is so small that the waiting lounge and security are partly mobile trailer structures, and the luggage p/up is a roofed but outside facility; the city council didn't want a newer enclosed facility b/c they "feared" it would increase airport traffic. . .
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

leesh wrote:I'll be there :)
That's great, Leesh!! Looking forward to catching up. :D :D
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
fatcat
Intermediate Member

Post by fatcat »

Made my reservations and will be there too. :D May ,or may not bring the 660-12MB.Last minute decision.
If I play, will need to borrow a bass;that's what I do best.If I don't get to play that'll be ok too, the main reason to attend is to revisit DCM friendships,and ooh and aah over the treasures youse bring with.(Not to mention get the hell out of BFE for a few days)
Will stay at Don's motel, but that proved impossible to check price/book res online.Did it the old fashioned way on the telephone.Might have stayed at the Residence Inn, but they don't have airport shuttle, so the higher price wasn't worth it.
LGB airport is a shorter ride meaning lower cabfare than from/to John Wayne.Jet Blue's schedule wasn't very good, so I booked Delta which means I'll be served by Scarewest.
Looking forward to seeing y'all there.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

So Don, does this mean we can count on you coming once every 5 years? :mrgreen: Will be good to see you again! :wink:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

kiramdear wrote:I won't try to top that. :shock: :lol: Just guitars and underwear for my part. Less to bring means less to carry around. :lol:
Kira, I think it's great for you to want to 'let it all hang out' at SCARF. It looks like it's helping to generate better attendance. :wink:
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

I'll try and coax Mumzy to let me bring my trusty '86 1997 to SCARF. The V64 will more than likely stay at home. I can bet my ash we'll have Steve F's C63, which I played briefly last year, and it's not particularly better than my V64, because I've left my mark on the V64, but it's different, and the idea is basically the same.

Gary Clauson, if you could, PLEASE bring the Pete Townshend and Roger McGuinn and possibly FG Tom Petty limited edition models? I'll help with transporting if you need it.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Jake -- don't forget to bring the one in pieces, so that Larry Davis can get started on the restoration.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

beatbyrd wrote:
kiramdear wrote:I won't try to top that. :shock: :lol: Just guitars and underwear for my part. Less to bring means less to carry around. :lol:
Kira, I think it's great for you to want to 'let it all hang out' at SCARF. It looks like it's helping to generate better attendance. :wink:
:oops: :oops: :oops: Maybe I should have worded that differently. This is one peep show you'd like to miss - trust me. :shock: :lol:
All I wanna do is rock!
dgwguitars

Post by dgwguitars »

8mileshigher wrote:Jake -- don't forget to bring the one in pieces, so that Larry Davis can get started on the restoration.
Geez. You really have my attention. Gotta see this one.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

dgwguitars wrote:
8mileshigher wrote:Jake -- don't forget to bring the one in pieces, so that Larry Davis can get started on the restoration.
Geez. You really have my attention. Gotta see this one.
This thread tells it all. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=387361&p=519769#p519742

I don't remember f he ever posted pictures, but evidently he talked to you about this back in 2009.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

At least the guitar will be easier to pack if it's in pieces. . . .
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

paologregorio wrote:At least the guitar will be easier to pack if it's in pieces. . . .
Har!!

Painful but true!! :wink: :lol:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”