7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

pehayes2

Re: 7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Post by pehayes2 »

Rich/Jake

We're all going to be at SCARF this year, Mark, Dave M., Dave Denk (if you guys need another drummer he loves to jam on anything!) me and new guy Chuck. I've already signed up to jam with JimK.

At one time we were signed up to play a short mini-set but I think that format was abandoned, so we will be there as music loving individuals jamming whenever there's an opening. (no stage hogging :D ) Mark was a Lennon in the tribute band Back Beat so when you're playing Beatles songs, keep him in mind.

And I thank everyone that's commented on our Byrds tribute. It's really a great feeling to hear that people actually enjoy the music.

Pat
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

The Shamus Twins will be playing the Cat Club in Hollywood (next to the Whiskey) Tue. Aug 2, just before SCARF, if any of you out of towners need a reason to drink and carouse in Hollywood, here it is.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

shamustwin wrote:The Shamus Twins will be playing the Cat Club in Hollywood (next to the Whiskey) Tue. Aug 2, just before SCARF, if any of you out of towners need a reason to drink and carouse in Hollywood, here it is.
I don't get in until the 3rd...dang it...

What Rics will you be bring to SCARF, Jerry? I really liked your 660/12 TUR...
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Not sure yet, Jake. Depends on the other gear I bring, and what will fit in the car!
collin

Post by collin »

RSVP me in, please. Confirmed!
8mileshigher

7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Post by 8mileshigher »

Thanks Collin !!!!

= = = = =

Keep those RSVPs coming in, folks !! :)
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

ozover50 wrote:It's simpler than that, Jake. Wear a t-shirt and don't have it tucked in.
Yep, unless it's one of those hipster t-shirts that doesn't cover the waistline of your jeans (usually skinny, worn at hip height). I still try to remember to slide my buckle to the side.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

shamustwin wrote:Not sure yet, Jake. Depends on the other gear I bring, and what will fit in the car!
You need a clown car like mine; everything fits in it!
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

paologregorio wrote:
shamustwin wrote:Not sure yet, Jake. Depends on the other gear I bring, and what will fit in the car!
You need a clown car like mine; everything fits in it!
Well Paul and I have the same model car, and yes, you can fit quite a bit in it. Everything but my 4x12-probably gonna have to remove the tops of those back seats :shock:
Uggh!
fatcat
Intermediate Member

Post by fatcat »

All this talk has me excited ,and it's still a month away.Planning to haul this down:
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

fatcat wrote:All this talk has me excited ,and it's still a month away.Planning to haul this down:
Hey, I remember that one!
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

collin wrote:RSVP me in, please. Confirmed!
Sweet, bro...I hope you can not only drive me back to the hotel like last year, but have this awesome English breakfast tea my mom has, and listen to the ANIMALS CD I got last Christmas, some awesome RoMo Rickage all over that album.
larsongs

Post by larsongs »

rickenbrother wrote:It will be nice to meet you at SCARF, Dale! Nice to have you on board! :)

Some very important things I'd like to point out/remind everyone:

For every Rick you bring/intend to display, bring a guitar stand for it! Do not put your guitar someone else's stand without first asking, The stand might be empty because that person's Rick is being played.
Be courteous with your stage time. Do not hog the stage. The guitar amp you are plugged into is not yours for the day!.
Another way to be courteous with your stage tine is, please do not waste time on the stage. If you need to familiarize yourself with getting a particular sound from a guitar you're not accustomed to, DO THAT IN THE DISPLAY ROOM, not on the stage! Also you can ask the owners of the amps and gear on stage how to best dial in a certain sound.
If you are on the stage too long or you are wasting a lot of valuable time time on stage, you will be kindly asked to get off.
Add your name to the song list. Add your name several times, because realize that there is no way to make these things go perfectly and not every song on the list will be played.
There may be songs that are not on the list that get played.
To the people who are shy about their playing - the jam is not a talent contest and do not compare your skill to someone who has been playing a bunch of songs for many years or to a group of guys who have played the song together several times. It's a jam. Songs at jams do not usually get played perfectly. Don't worry about it. Just get in on the jams and have some fun.
You may see my name on several bass slots of the song sheet. I'm not being a stage hog, just trying to help fill up the sheet. If there is any particular song that I have my name down for, that someone else would to play bass on, just let me know, it's yours...well, there might be one or two that I won't give up! :wink:

If anyone if the So Cal area has a drummer friend that is willing to lend a drum kit for the day, please let us know.
What page is the Sign up Sheet on?

Thanks,

Glenn
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

It was here...ehrr, Joey, is there anything you can do to fix this?:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... n_gO#gid=0
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

My pal and original Shamus drummer Mark would like to play some drums. Any objections? Does he need to bring 'em?

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”