any Barker bass owners on this site?

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

woodyng

any Barker bass owners on this site?

Post by woodyng »

i am looking into one,there are actually tons of testimonials on the TB site,as well as a Barker club. i was just wondering if anyone here has one,or checked one out before. i am really intrigued by the idea of the upright playing position,completely supported weight,and the fact that these things are supposed to sound really great,too.
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Re: any Barker bass owners on this site?

Post by ajish4 »

woodyng wrote:i am looking into one,there are actually tons of testimonials on the TB site,as well as a Barker club. i was just wondering if anyone here has one,or checked one out before. i am really intrigued by the idea of the upright playing position,completely supported weight,and the fact that these things are supposed to sound really great,too.
Never even heard of 'em Woody, but please post all you find out if you get a chance.

Upright huh? 8)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Mount a 1x2 that is about 4' long to the back of your 4004 and give that a try before embarking on a new venture with the Barker. I think this would be the appropriate tool to get the job done, don't you think?
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Jeffrey-Bite your tongue! (although I was wondering how i might get the cii mounted via some kind of padded clamp device)
I am supposed to check one out in Portland this weekend,and will be taking my mark bass combo and the cii for comparison.
Tony-there is a website (barkerbass.com) I am mostly intrigued by the upright configuration,chambered body,and 34 inch scale.
This is a used one being sold at a substantial discount-it's on the TB classifieds if you want a peek.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Dang, they only make 'em for short people:
Fully adjustable endpin to accomodate players to 6'2"
http://barkerbass.com/features.html

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

:D
Well,I'm 5'10"', my first tune I will try on the bass will be Randy newsman's "short people". :P

C'mon,spellcheque,Randy newsman!??
(this is not my regular computer...)
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

It looks like the deal has fallen through,so I won't be reporting anything anytime soon. Now,where's that drill?! :P
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

woodyng wrote:It looks like the deal has fallen through,so I won't be reporting anything anytime soon. Now,where's that drill?! :P
That's the sprit! :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:

Return to “The Low End”