Bass Guitar Model ID

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

NFB-418

Bass Guitar Model ID

Post by NFB-418 »

Does anyone know which model Mike Huckabee is playing in this picture? I really dig the body style. Not a fan of the angled tuners, though. Also, any ideas on who manufactures the red strings? Sorry the pic isn't better quality. Thanks!
Attachments
untitled.JPG
“'What was that note?' I told him it was a B natural, the third of G dominant 7 going back to C minor, and I can't talk while I'm playing so don't ask me any more questions." - Ron Carter to Miles Davis
wim
Intermediate Member

Re: Bass Guitar Model ID

Post by wim »

the red strings are probably a picture quality issue.

Epiphone has a model like this; the Rivoli.
Warwick has one too, the starbass, but you can get 10 epiphones for one of those :mrgreen:
NFB-418

Re: Bass Guitar Model ID

Post by NFB-418 »

wim wrote:the red strings are probably a picture quality issue.
No, they actually are red. I have the magazine that pic came from at home.

Edit: Mystery solved. They're DR Red Devils.
wim wrote:Warwick has one too, the starbass.
That's it, exactly. It seems there are two Star Bass models, one Korean and one German, a Star Bass Pro and Star Bass II, respectively. I assume the Korean model would affordable, if not much lower quality than the German-made bass. Still, I can't get over those angled tuners!
“'What was that note?' I told him it was a B natural, the third of G dominant 7 going back to C minor, and I can't talk while I'm playing so don't ask me any more questions." - Ron Carter to Miles Davis

Return to “The Low End”