NAMM 2012

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Re: NAMM 2012

Post by cheyenne »

Getting bored here. :( When does this show start anyway?
"Knowledge is Power"
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

According to the NAMM website:

2012 NAMM Show

Start: 01/19/2012 - 12:00am
End: 01/22/2012 - 11:59pm
Timezone: Etc/GMT-8
Anaheim, California

:shock: Long days! :shock:
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

Don't expect Gibson to shoot all its firework at NAMM, we'll have some equally cool new stuff at Messe this year, maybe even more than at NAMM :mrgreen:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Wildberry wrote:Don't expect Gibson to shoot all its firework at NAMM, we'll have some equally cool new stuff at Messe this year, maybe even more than at NAMM :mrgreen:
Since most of us won't be at either show, you may as well tell us about it now, Werner.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

jps wrote:
Wildberry wrote:Don't expect Gibson to shoot all its firework at NAMM, we'll have some equally cool new stuff at Messe this year, maybe even more than at NAMM :mrgreen:
Since most of us won't be at either show, you may as well tell us about it now, Werner.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

jps wrote:Since most of us won't be at either show, you may as well tell us about it now, Werner.
Fender will be coming with automatic "robot" tuning like we have on the Gibson robots! Located on the headstock, fully retrofittable to real tuners. Funny thing is... this is not even a joke :mrgreen:
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Wildberry wrote:
jps wrote:Since most of us won't be at either show, you may as well tell us about it now, Werner.
Fender will be coming with automatic "robot" tuning like we have on the Gibson robots! Located on the headstock, fully retrofittable to real tuners. Funny thing is... this is not even a joke :mrgreen:
Kind of intrigued...I have tinkered with Gibson's system a lot and I like the idea but I have found it to be pretty finicky. One of my students had a Robot LP and had all kinds of problems with it, and not his fault either.

A simpler, less-intrusive Robot system on a Fender bass would be really cool to have for gigging.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

John, think of something like this: a little print plate that is kept in place by the tuners. It has its own battery on board and the automatic tuners like Gibson uses them on the robots. The print plate comes with some sort of piezo PU that's used for the tuning. There's a couple of buttons on the print plate, alternative tunings at a few presses of the button, strumming twice (4 strings, the last 2 strings in tune)... and it also works on acoustic guitars! Basses I did not see yet, though.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Wildberry wrote:
Will they come out the device that moves your fingers for you so can play anything without practice or effort next year? :mrgreen:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

rickenbrother wrote:Will they come out the device that moves your fingers for you so can play anything without practice or effort next year? :mrgreen:
Come one, we provided you bass players with instruments that have 4 instead of 6 strings, and now you still need help playing? :twisted:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Wildberry wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:Will they come out the device that moves your fingers for you so can play anything without practice or effort next year? :mrgreen:
Come one, we provided you bass players with instruments that have 4 instead of 6 strings, and now you still need help playing? :twisted:
Hey, some of us have trouble with just one string...
Washtub.jpg
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Wildberry wrote:
Who said anything about basses? It's the six stringers that all major guitar companies make a big deal about. :? :P :P
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote:
Wildberry wrote:
Hey, some of us have trouble with just one string...
Washtub.jpg
This guy seemed to do okay with one string:
Washtub Bass 09.jpg
We saw him at the Sawdust Festival during RIC's 75th anniversary weekend. 8)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Dang, if that guy had bigger sunglasses he could almost pass for me!
:shock:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote:Dang, if that guy had bigger sunglasses he could almost pass for me!
:shock:
Do you have matching chaps? :mrgreen:

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”