Kiss My Amps

Discussing the music of Tom Petty
theBrain

Kiss My Amps

Post by theBrain »

Maybe old news...But, I just ran across it. I was at a local record store (independent, of course) this evening and ran across a vinyl only, pressing of 5000 from the Mojo tour, entitled "Kiss My Amps". One LP. Great Artwork. Mr. Campbell is playin a Firebird on the back cover. Pretty cool. Not much time but I put it on my Christmas list. If anyone has givin it a listen, how is it?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Kiss My Amps

Post by admin »

Welcome Jeff. I really like this live performance. My favourites are Sweet William, Flash of Freedom, Running Man's Bible and Good Enough.

Very nice guitar work with some killer Hammond B3 emulation. You can definitely hear Tom's roots (not to take away from his originality) as you will sometimes hear Crosby-like, Byrd-like, Dylanesque and Beatle styles in these numbers.

I was less taken with some of the heavy-layered modulated guitar but the passages were catchy, skillfully done and added excellent energy. A crowd-pleaser without doubt.

Definitely worth the listen and a must have for Petty fans.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
frickengruvin

Re: Kiss My Amps

Post by frickengruvin »

I agree with Peter on his review...A great listen, and a must have for any true Petty fans out there!

Return to “Tom Petty Forum: by Jake Kety”