Rickenbacker retailers

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

pocaloc

Rickenbacker retailers

Post by pocaloc »

What store carries the most Rickenbackers, or what are a few of the good ones? I know Daves guitar shop, Wilcutt's, and Wildwood seem to have a good selection. I'm talking about stores in the USA. Thanks -- Matt
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: Rickenbacker retailers

Post by kiramdear »

In San Francisco, Haight Ashbury Music Center is always well-stocked with ricks, although their pricing is a bit daunting. They have at least two dozen instruments on the racks at the moment.
All I wanna do is rock!
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

How about Pick of the Ricks in Lindenwold, New Jersey? Chris Clayton has a better selection than just about anyone I know. 8)
The Mod Lang

Post by The Mod Lang »

Apple Music in portland oregon usually has a healthy selection. There good with pricing (tax free!) and will ship them anywhere.
wj350
Advanced Member

Post by wj350 »

Wildwood always seems to have a large selection in stock....I've never dealt with them, but have only heard good things about them. PoTRs also has a great reputation.

The Music Zoo in NY usually has a decent selection, and they're also good with placing odrers; I've bought two Rics from them (as well as several other guitars), including my current Ric, and have always felt very good about the deal and the people there.
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
pocaloc

Post by pocaloc »

Thanks for all the tips.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

wj350 wrote:Wildwood always seems to have a large selection in stock....I've never dealt with them, but have only heard good things about them. PoTRs also has a great reputation.
+1! I've bought from both and they are both class acts, great to deal with!
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Rickissippi

Post by Rickissippi »

Chicago Music Exchange always has a bunch as well.
Freez

Post by Freez »

Anyone know any good Rick dealers in SE Michigan (Ann Arbor area)? I'm jonesing to try out some new 4003's, but nobody anywhere near me (that I am aware of) has a decent selection (or any at all, it seems).
Rickenbacker 4003 - Epiphone Viola - Fender Jazz - G & L SB-1
krick
Veteran RRF member

Post by krick »

There are only four authorized RIC dealers in Michigan:

http://www.rickenbacker.com/dealers.asp?state=MI

According to the RIC site, Motor City and Huber & Breese were recently shipped 4003 models so they may have some in stock.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The thread began with the poster asking about the "good" dealers and stock. May I please ask that you keep adverse comments with regard to dealers out of this thread. I do not wish to have to deal with complaints from the dealers. Private comments can always be made using the PM. Accordingly some posts have been edited or removed.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Thanks, Peter, for the suggestion. I have done so, and apologize for causing you to have to delete my dealer complaints.

Everyone is welcome to PM me for info on what I was talking about, or feel free to jump over to Clank & Jangle on facebook and read about it.
fluffy
Intermediate Member

Post by fluffy »

The Mod Lang wrote:Apple Music in portland oregon usually has a healthy selection. There good with pricing (tax free!) and will ship them anywhere.
just wanted to give a nod to Apple Music Row, that's who I ordered my 650C from. I got such a great deal on it ,paid no sales tax and they only charged $20.00 for shipping.... only problem is Toby calls me now and again to remind me they still have the Midnight Blue 330 I asked them about but I just can't afford it right now :( :(
♪♫♪♫I need new strings, these ones have a bunch of dang wrong notes on 'em ♫♪♫♪

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/thesubtleties
The Mod Lang

Post by The Mod Lang »

fluffy wrote:
The Mod Lang wrote:Apple Music in portland oregon usually has a healthy selection. There good with pricing (tax free!) and will ship them anywhere.
just wanted to give a nod to Apple Music Row, that's who I ordered my 650C from. I got such a great deal on it ,paid no sales tax and they only charged $20.00 for shipping.... only problem is Toby calls me now and again to remind me they still have the Midnight Blue 330 I asked them about but I just can't afford it right now :( :(
+1 :D
I almost got roped into buying a 370/12 FG last time I was there!
Given that Matt is in Spokane, it'd be well worth a drive to p-town to check out the guitars at Apple!
pocaloc

Post by pocaloc »

The Mod Lang wrote:
fluffy wrote:
+1 :D
I almost got roped into buying a 370/12 FG last time I was there!
Given that Matt is in Spokane, it'd be well worth a drive to p-town to check out the guitars at Apple!
I had that same thought. When I lived in Seattle I drove down to Portland to buy a computer. I've been wanting to go to a place where I could actually try some guitars. I'm going to start saving up and plan a trip down there. I actually spoke with Stuart at Apple Music Row late last week.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”