PacNW?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

BobHyde

PacNW?

Post by BobHyde »

Any WA, OR, ID folks want to try to put something together?
BobHyde

Re: PacNW?

Post by BobHyde »

If it will motivate anyone, I could coordinate space and provide some amps...
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well, if something were to happen in Spokane, you might even get someone from Montana...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Keef

Post by Keef »

I'm in Seattle and might be able to help out although I don't know anything about these gatherings. :?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Keef wrote:I'm in Seattle and might be able to help out although I don't know anything about these gatherings. :?
Wine, women, song, you know, the usual things.
BobHyde

Post by BobHyde »

jps wrote: Wine, women, song, you know, the usual things.
Is there anything more to life??
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Hey! I'm an ex-pat-PacNWester. Any excuse to get out to God's Country would suit me fine!
Keep me posted.
JimK
8mileshigher

PacNW Confluence ?

Post by 8mileshigher »

Bob,
For drumming up some attendees, you might also try PM-ing some of the folks who discussed the possibilities of a PNW Confluence about a year or so ago on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=386316
Keef wrote:I'm in Seattle and might be able to help out although I don't know anything about these gatherings. :?
There is also a thread from awhile back on tips for organizing a Confluence ....
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=395548
BobHyde

Re: PacNW Confluence ?

Post by BobHyde »

8mileshigher wrote:Bob,
For drumming up some attendees, you might also try PM-ing some of the folks who discussed the possibilities of a PNW Confluence about a year or so ago on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=386316
There is also a thread from awhile back on tips for organizing a Confluence ....
Thanks!
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: PacNW Confluence ?

Post by jps »

BobHyde wrote:
8mileshigher wrote:Bob,
Thanks!
I'v organized a few of these confluences, the Columbus Confluence; RIO!!!; MicRIO!!!; helped get Mini-Rio going.
shakey_slim
Veteran RRF member

Post by shakey_slim »

I'm in Spokane. I'd be willing to drive anywhere in the PacNW for a meet! :D
Keef

Post by Keef »

So these gatherings are pretty much an afternoon with fellow Rickenbacker lovers, hanging out, meeting each other, people bring their instruments and maybe some playing? It's not like a full weekend of events, guest speakers and stuff like that right?
How long do they usually last and generally how many show up? Are we talking 10's of people or hundreds? :?
Whatever the scenario it sounds like a fun time. I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around what size of place is needed and for how long.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Hi Keith
I've only been to one, so far. It was the SoCal SCARF you've perhaps read about on the conferences/confluences subforum. That one may be one of the bigger events. Basically how SCARF happened was hanging out at a club called the Starting Gate. We listened to a set by Hautwerk, and a set by a group with Rich Fergusson and friends, and also the Byrds Collective. After that, it was pretty much a species of open mic with groups of interested players and singers doing Beatles sets, numbers by the Ramones and other groups. I think there was even a blues set later in the afternoon. "I Wanna Be Sedated" seemed to be the big hit of the day, as I recall. The whole thing took place in one day, a Saturday. So yes, amid the playing it was a chance to meet and greet, shake hands with folks who were only cyber acquaintances the day before, maybe play a few songs together, and have a few laughs, too.
JimK
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

When Shari & I did RIO!!!, we rented large and small conference/meeting rooms at a local Residence Inn, who also provided some snacks and drinks (we brought more in), and secured a sports bar to hold a party/jam that evening. This was all on the Saturday of the weekend. We hosted a dinner Friday evening at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants for those coming in from out of town/country and the Sunday after we also did Dim Sum Sunday at another favorite place (and official Chinese restaurant of the RRF :mrgreen: ) for anyone who wanted to join us. 8)

Here is a photo of most of the guys who were there at the Residence Inn:
Group_Shot_1200_5343.jpg
Keef

Post by Keef »

Well it sounds like a hoot! I hope Seattle gets to host a gathering sometime...

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”