mdenger
Veteran RRF member

"New" Searchers Set

Post by mdenger »

einar
Veteran RRF member

Re: "New" Searchers Set

Post by einar »

The 64 pages booklet ought to be rather good! The main reason for buying this for many of us.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It will be interesting to hear the comments about the booklet. When they release these nice packages that speak to the complete set I am always amazed that the cover does not contain the photos of all group members. At least those who are in the recordings. Yes, the artwork would need to be creative but maybe they are in the booklet.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

I suspect booklet the main reason for the price I cannot see how this is going to sell except to completists. There a number of double CD packages on sale of the Searchers Pye recordings, all for a fraction of the price. In fact there is a 3 cd set of Pye recordings with a decent booklet for £7.99.

The 40th Anniversary double CD set did include some of the Liberty,RCA, Sire stuff and a couple of tracks from the Coconut album Hungry Hearts that sells for less than £8
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I hear you, Roy. One does wonder how many of these "everything they did" compilations the industry can crank out especially in the mp3 world we live in.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”