Rivera speaker tests

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

parker_knoll

Rivera speaker tests

Post by parker_knoll »

I dug this up looking for clips of the Eminence Swamp Thang (I'm selling one in case you're interested), but thought i would repost because it's so useful. I would have liked to hear some cleans but what can you do.

whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Re: Rivera speaker tests

Post by whojamfan »

Eminence Swamp Thing is an awesome, extremely versatile speaker. A nice big, but not flabby bottom end with a warm midrange and a slightly rolled off high end that retains sparkle without icepick. 150 watts and 102DB, this speaker is loud and goes louder and never sounds muddy. Takes a little bit to break in, nowhere near as long as a Celestion Blue, and can really deliver the goods both clean and dirty. I replaced a Celestion sidewinder with one in my Ampeg VT-120 combo and it really brought the cleans to life, while giving the distortion channel a more harmonically rich and versatile sound. Could get both modern and vintage tones no problem.

I also have an Avatar 212 closed back cab, my main club rig, with a Eminence Tonker and a Swamp Thing in it. Both speakers are 150 watts and 102db and are a perfect match for each other. I installed Weber Beam Blockers on both speakers, and they really spread out the sound on stage nicely. I can walk a few feet each way and still hear the cab like I was in the sweet spot, very useful for the less than stellar monitor situations I find myself in. I use my Hiwatt DR504 with it turned up about a third of the way and life is sweet, and if I need more(RARELY)the cab can more than take it. Very happy with these speakers.

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”