BARC 2012 Pics

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

analogpackrat

BARC 2012 Pics

Post by analogpackrat »

Here's the first sampling from yesterday's festivities.

Some of Steve's collection--love the double bound 12:

Rich's beautiful 660-12 (JG rocks!):

Rich's 365WB recently converted from a 360WB:

More to come...
If it is to be, it is up to me.
analogpackrat

Re: BARC 2012 Pics

Post by analogpackrat »

Gareth's bass rig. Do not taunt Giant Bass Rig. Do not use Giant Bass Rig in enclosed areas. Discontinue use of Giant Bass RIg if any of the following occur: vertigo, dizziness, tingling in extremities, uncontrolled drooling, loss of balance, profuse sweating, or heart palpatations.

Steve's rig. The AC30 is loaded with Celestion Blues and sounded great.

More candy-coated goodies arrive. I think these are Woody's basses in the middle and Steve's guitars, some of Gareth's basses on the right. There were two JG mandolins!

Still more to come...
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Gareth's basses on the left. The checker binding FG in the middle was a real stunner! On the right is Kira's 2030 refinished by PW in that awesome aquaglo scheme.

Here's a better shot of Kira's toys. Front and center is her redone ruby 320 with checker binding (everywhere!) care of PW. I hope someone else got a better picture of this one. Kira played some tasty leads at the jam on this one.

Here's one of the mandolins. Kira's?

analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Gary's 350SH in front with a few others in the rack behind (a RM sig 370, a 460, and a PT sig 1997). That 460 has such a tiny neck. My JG 360-12WB is on the right.

Close up of Susanna Hoffs (don't I wish):

A trio of cool basses (Harry's in the center):

analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Woody's beautiful 4004(?) customized by Dane. Stunning bass.

Gareth's basses with Woody's MG 4004 on the left (sorry, I don't know all the Rick bass models):

Jasmine was on security detail. Here she takes a break from patrolling the facility:

Vicious! :-D

analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Finally, some jamming! Harry sat in on drums for a while, but I didn't get any shots of him. Rich started playing some Floyd at one point when Harry was on bass and we did a little DSotM thing which was fun.

Here's Kira on a Danelectro bass and Gary trying out my '64 375. The Dano sounded great through Giant Bass Rig.

After some hounding we did get Thomas, who runs Music Spectrum, to play with us a for a little while:

Steve with his c63(?):

Last edited by analogpackrat on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Rich plays some lead while Woody and Gareth listen...

Gareth on bass and Gary on my 375.

Kira did a great job on drums, too!

Near the end of the day we all were getting a little tired, but no one really wanted to quit playing.

Here's Woody playing some bass with Gary on guitar.

That's all I've got. I hope Gary, Rich, and Steve have some more pics to post.

All in all we had a great time. A few of us went out for dinner afterwards to cap off the evening. Hope to see everyone (and more) at the next event! Thanks to Kira for getting the venue! It was great to meet a couple of new people and see some folks from last time as well.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Doug thanks for these terrific photos. It looks like a great time was had by all.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Looks like a splendid time was had by all! Wish I could have been there, but all is not lost because I believe I'll see the majority of you lot at SCARF '12 :D

Doug, I too love Steve's C63. Always hope I get the chance to play it whenever I see him.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

JakeK wrote:Looks like a splendid time was had by all! Wish I could have been there, but all is not lost because I believe I'll see the majority of you lot at SCARF '12 :D
+1000! Thanks for posting the pics!
8) 8) 8)

Hopefully some of you NorCal folks can make it down to SCARF, plans are in the works for me attending that one (and I'm not gonna let work spoil it this time... well, I hope anyway)...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

Great pics, Doug! Thanks so much for a great time and letting me try your 375, the SFDR and the cool Vibro Champ plugged into 2 12's. I think the Champ did a great job! I was running the AC30 at half power and the master was about 70%. Unfortunately, I did not bring a camera. Gary will probably have a bunch of pics up once he gets back to So Cal.

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day, and when it got too warm, just had to stand in front of Gareth's rig to get a blast of air pumped at you! 8)

It was nice to see some folks from last year and some new faces, too! Harry just killed the bass on "Lady Madonna". Gareth had a lot of neat toys, the Lemmy and Squire basses, his 4000 conversion and the '73 4001.

Dog tired today, got home around midnight. I might have been hallucinating on I-5 last night, cause I swear the 4001 in the back seat kept asking if we were in Oregon yet. :wink:
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Doug giving us a great guitar face.

Ed and Jasmine wore matching polo shirts. Woody liked the 2030.
All I wanna do is rock!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Twins! You don't see this every day.

Woody, Doug, and Harry on drums.
All I wanna do is rock!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Great photos! Keep 'em coming if there are any more! :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
s4001

Post by s4001 »

analogpackrat wrote:Gareth's bass rig. Do not taunt Giant Bass Rig. Do not use Giant Bass Rig in enclosed areas. Discontinue use of Giant Bass RIg if any of the following occur: vertigo, dizziness, tingling in extremities, uncontrolled drooling, loss of balance, profuse sweating, or heart palpatations.

You forgot 'bowel displacement.' :shock:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”