Andrea - The Sunrays

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
admin
Site Admin

Andrea - The Sunrays

Post by admin »

Lead by Rick Henn, The Sunrays were managed by Murry Wilson, Brian Wilson's father, who was ousted by Brian following serious problems in their relationship. It is always somewhat unsettling to learn that such joyful sounds emerge from the most acrimonious of times.

The Sunrays success would be short lived but Andrea and I Live For The Sun had the best of The Beach Boys and The Four Seasons. Fine harmonies of surf, sand and sun in concert with fresh falsetto.

What could be better than being swept away by Andrea on the summer school break. A feel good romance that would go hand in hand with all those suntanned sun searchers thwit embraced the I Live For The Sun mantra.

There would be a few nice beach party tunes to come from the shores but these high tide songs would be coming to an end as the days of summer shortened.

Andrea will remain a song that rivaled The Beach Boys along with the memorable efforts of Jan and Dean and The Hondels.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
duke

Re: Andrea - The Sunrays

Post by duke »

I had the pleasure of meeting Eddy Medora, via email, a few years ago. It was an enjoyable time working with him, building The Sunrays & Eddy Medora bio page on our website.

Sadly, Eddy has passed on. The music that Eddy and The Sunrays left behind is a true treasure...

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”