November 9th

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

November 9th

Post by doctorwho »

I went out this morning and got myself and a friend a copy of Halo 2. I will be putting my copy into my Xbox as soon as I get home from work this evening and get the projector set up ...
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
wormdiet
Intermediate Member

Post by wormdiet »

Here too...??

All of my students were obsessing about this throughout the day. I'd rathr play my guitar, personaly ;P
"The only worthwhile conquests are those wrested from ignorance"
-Napoleon
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

Ive told you before Gary - Dont waste time on this Halo **** - Go play The original Marathon! In fact, i bet you've never completed it without cheatingImage

To make this Rickenbacker related: lets have a net game and if i win i get one of your basses yes?LOL!
The email address shown is down, you can email me at septic_bullfrog@yahoo.co.uk
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Owen, that sounds more like high-stakes poker to me! And remember, tou'd have to put up an equivalent to the basses - maybe your first-born for the 4002 Autumnglo?! Image

I do have all three Marathons for the Mac, as well as M2 (Durandel) for the PC. The only one I haven't played all the way through without using cheats is M3 (Infinity); in fact, I don't think I played all the way through on it because I had a Mac with only a 040 processor, way too slow for M3.

I don't have Xbox live (yet), so I will be playing the first-person version initially. I might have a chance to play some in co-op and multiplayer modes tomorrow night.
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

ah I meant a Marathon netgame of course! Sadly this is not possible over the net. It clearly could be done-but its of course ancient history now so one would bother.

Yeah the 4002.......and ill bet my no name asian Jazz copy, yeah that sounds fair to me! hehe
The email address shown is down, you can email me at septic_bullfrog@yahoo.co.uk
wormdiet
Intermediate Member

Post by wormdiet »

Marathon!

Oh, the hazy memories return. All nighters spent in the college computer center. . . 8-person death-duels until dawn followed by a trip to Denny's for some post-carnage grease. Good times!
-Napoleon
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

There was a group of 4-6 Marathon players where I worked back then, and we would stay past quitting time and play on the company network.
spencer

Post by spencer »

I'm with you Gary - I beat the hell out the first Halo and it was real fun.
Actually I've taken a break from the Xbox for the past few months, then last week I picked up 'Thief' and I'm hooked again. The reason I got Xbox was for Halo and Splinter Cell, especially in surround sound - you can hear guys sneaking up from behind you.
I'm more into the stealth type games and Thief is like Splinter Cell in the middle ages, it's great.
But of course, you've got to have some carnage to break up all the sneaking around and I do hope I find Halo 2 under the tree this year.

- I thought I'd kicked the video game habit at fifteen - they just HAD to invent Xbox, didn't they? lol.
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

hmmm.....i wonder if the mac version of Halo will run on my c.1995 Power Macintosh 7500?

hahaha
wormdiet
Intermediate Member

Post by wormdiet »

Yes it definitely will. I had a first-generation powermac and it ran just fine.
-Napoleon
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

wot???????? really????? halo will run without a 3D graphics card?
wormdiet
Intermediate Member

Post by wormdiet »

Oh never mind. . . . it won't I thought we were still talking marathon. . . My mistake Image
-Napoleon

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”