World's Best List........Las Vegas Style

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

philco
Intermediate Member

World's Best List........Las Vegas Style

Post by philco »

I had to see what Ed Roman had up his sleeves these days. Seems he has a new world's best list that's quite a bit different from the last world's best list. This time around he has dumped Spector, MTD, and Warwick from his list of favorites. All are top end basses, but with lower cost models to be had from many dealers. The reasoning seems clear.......no matter how good your USA made guitars and basses are, if you have a line of lower cost imports or you can easily buy somewhere else at a competitive cost, you are off of Ed's World's Best List. I see where the guy is headed, but I don't necessarily want to follow along. Note that the main quality that a "world's best" bass has is the fact that Ed stocks them, they are costly, and nobody else will likely have them in stock at a lower price and they will be hard to pick up on the used market. Several other brands could have been listed, but not at a price advantage to Ed that would elevate it to "world's best". I think the list is informative to determine which top manufacturers may have NOT given Ed a favored dealer status. That would raise my opinion of them.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”