Telstar: The Joe Meek Story

Remembers classic songs from the late 1950s and 1960s
hamilton_square

Post by hamilton_square »

Now showing on the BBC iPlayer for the next 7 days - until 01:00 hours (GMT) Sunday, 17 June - CLICK HERE

For those outside the UK who may be interested and don’t already have access to Virtual Private Network (VPN) software that generates a necessary UK recognised Internet Protocol (IP) address in order to access BBC iPlayer content – then you might want to try out the freely available EXPAT SHIELD.

Indeed, I regularly use Expat Shield myself when I’m out of the UK and in Spain to access BBC and ITV online content - for a online review CLICK HERE

Expat Shield - The Pros:
It’s free … UK generated IP address … Works fine for me using XP with a Chrome browser – will work with an IE browser but apparently works better with the likes of Chrome and Firefox.

Expat Shield - The Cons:
1: The free version is ad supported. When the Expat Shield software is initially launched the default browser opens up a tab window to assign a UK IP address and display adverts – shut that tab window down ASAP. Also, as can be seen from the below inserted print screen captured image of the BBC iPlayer, there’s an add banner that runs along the top of the page – just click on the X indicated by the white arrow and the banner disappears. The ad banner is not visible when in full screen mode.
CCC.JPG
2: Currently Expat Shield is only compatible with XP / Vista and Windows 7 operating systems – however, I understand there can be problems when operating within a 64-bit (rather than a 32-bit) architectural environment

3: Depending on a user’s geographic location there can be a reduction in speed. Use the BBC iPlayer Diagnostics page to do a speed test. In order to watch HD TV content a minimum speed of 3,500 kps is recommended. To watch Std TV content a minimum speed of 1,500 kps is recommended.

4: Other than the BBC iPlayer and in my opinion, the only other British terrestrial TV channel that hosts half-decent watch again content is the commercially sponsored ITV Player.

Notes on installing the Expat Shield program:

Make sure the selected language is English (if required) and un-tick the “Include the Expat Shield Community Toolbar” box if not required ...
AAA.JPG
During the installation there will be displayed a “Windows Logo Warning” – click on the “Continue Anyway” tab ...
BBB.JPG
admin
Site Admin

Re: Telstar: The Joe Meek Story

Post by admin »

Peter thanks for your post and the very useful tips.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Clough's Classics: by Roy Clough”