Ricktoberfest® II - 10/20/12

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Ricktoberfest® II - This Saturday, Oct 20th

Post by jps »

doctorwho wrote:I will be bringing my Kustom '36 Coupe.
'36 Coupe!
8mileshigher

Ricktoberfest® II - Saturday, Oct 20th

Post by 8mileshigher »

Ricktoberfest ® II Preview

Here's a few more pictures from the fun time at Malone's, at our last Confluence-Jam on the Labor Day Weekend..... a preview of the good-times anticipated at this Saturday's Ricktoberfest® II event :)
Attachments
Ecuababe (Vicky) on the vocals with Paulie and Scott doing "One Way or Another "
Ecuababe (Vicky) on the vocals with Paulie and Scott doing "One Way or Another "
Jerry and Gary share the spotlight
Jerry and Gary share the spotlight
Figuring out who is going to play what part on a jam tune ....
Figuring out who is going to play what part on a jam tune ....
Another view of the Ricken Ramones in action with Brad H on the lead vocals !
Another view of the Ricken Ramones in action with Brad H on the lead vocals !
J-Dog is on the right hand side of Gary
J-Dog is on the right hand side of Gary
Steve on guitar (left) and Jim Hitch, Tony S and Joey share the vocals
Steve on guitar (left) and Jim Hitch, Tony S and Joey share the vocals
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Ricktoberfest® II - This Saturday Oct 20th at Malone's

Post by rickenbrother »

8mileshigher wrote:adding Ron S from Washington DC as a potential out-of-town Confluence guest, who is attempting to make travel arrangements, as we speak !
Well Ron, are ya?! :D
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
8mileshigher

Ricktoberfest® II - This Saturday Oct 20th

Post by 8mileshigher »

I need to remember to bring this pedal to the Jam on Saturday .... :wink: :lol:
Attachments
Talent Simulator Pedal.jpg
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Ricktoberfest® II - 10/20/12

Post by rickenbrother »

Unfortunately, we have had a lead vocalist and a lead guitarist both regretfully have to back out from Ricktoberfest® II this Saturday. Please re-check the spreadsheet to see if spots in songs you might have wanted to perform, have opened up. Thanks!
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Best spirits sent over to Ricktoberfest from Oktoberfest town Munich ! I hope sometimes I will make it over to meet some of you guys in person! Have fun and rock on !
Alex
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Thanks Alex! It would be great to meet you someday. I hope you are enjoying your Oktoberfest! I need to get to one! 8)
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

I just signed up for bass on Tom Petty's Mary Janes Last Dance. Would Scott mind if Jason Feddy did vocal instead if he's present at the time? (If Jason can make it, he's only there up to 2:30PM.) Also, it would be cool if John N would allow Tonya to take drums for this one. You might want to time this to coincide with her drumming slot.

I might be able to convince Jason and Tonya to do one of the new tunes from the latest Hautewerk CD. We'd be missing lead guitar, however, though I could send someone a DropBox link if they wanted to cover this spot.
ricmic

Post by ricmic »

As much as I hate to, I'm going to have to back out myself. Moving in November, so packing this weekend. Have a great time folks. Mark
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

johnhall wrote:I just signed up for bass on Tom Petty's Mary Janes Last Dance. Would Scott mind if Jason Feddy did vocal instead if he's present at the time? (If Jason can make it, he's only there up to 2:30PM.) Also, it would be cool if John N would allow Tonya to take drums for this one. You might want to time this to coincide with her drumming slot.

I might be able to convince Jason and Tonya to do one of the new tunes from the latest Hautewerk CD. We'd be missing lead guitar, however, though I could send someone a DropBox link if they wanted to cover this spot.
John, I have the feeling Scott is not going to make it due to having to work overtime. I don't think he'd mind if you took that spot anyway. Feel free to take some of mine...please!
We've had about four people drop out of the event in the last couple of days. There are plenty of spots available. People shouldn't mind giving up a spot or taking a different spot.
I'll see if my guitar player, John P. from Dirty Bison would fill your lead spot. He's pretty good at picking up songs quickly and plays very well.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

rickenbrother wrote:I'll see if my guitar player, John P. from Dirty Bison would fill your lead spot. He's pretty good at picking up songs quickly and plays very well.
I have already asked Bobbo, since he had signed up for Mary Jane and would already be on the stage but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'd just like to give whomever a couple of links so they've heard the proposed tunes at least once!

There's a couple of possibilites from new unreleased material, as well as Alone in My Head from the first CD, chosen mainly because of the fact that we'll have no keyboardist.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just about the only thing you guys don't have is streaming live. I look forward to the reports and the photos. It looks as if you will have a great lineup. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
paologregorio

Re: Ricktoberfest® II - This Saturday Oct 20th

Post by paologregorio »

8mileshigher wrote:I need to remember to bring this pedal to the Jam on Saturday .... :wink: :lol:
I'm bringing two... I need all the help I can get.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Ricktoberfest® II - This Saturday Oct 20th

Post by rickenbrother »

paologregorio wrote:
8mileshigher wrote:I need to remember to bring this pedal to the Jam on Saturday .... :wink: :lol:
I'm bringing two... I need all the help I can get.
Bring one for me as well, especially since I crammed in learning a bunch of songs at the last minute.
4005player

Post by 4005player »

I hurt my back last evening and am in a lot of pain at the moment. I doubt I'll be able to drive down there today. This sucks all the way around....I was REALLY looking forward to this one as I missed the one back over labor day.
Jim

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”