Ricktoberfest® II - 10/20/12

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

suedehead71

Re: Ricktoberfest® II - 10/20/12

Post by suedehead71 »

Have a great time everybody I am so disappointed I could not get free today like I had thought.
i will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

So...how'd it go?
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

Yea, where's the pics and vids??? :D
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

manta wrote:Yea, where's the pics and vids??? :D
Inquiring minds want to know!
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

JakeK wrote:So...how'd it go?
18 people had to cancel at the last minute. Having certain people not being there made it a bit challenging to put groups of people together for songs that they had signed up to do. We worked it out and had a fun time anyway. It's a great group of people. We did welcome a few very cool and talented people participate the in mini jams (Tonya, Rebecca and Jason), thanks to JH and Tracy, thanks to Bobbo.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Joey thanks for all the work you put into organizing this event. It is great to see such an active community. To put things in perspective, I could not find 18 people in my town that play Rickenbackers. I hope that there will be a few photos from the jam that find there way here.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I doubt I could find 18 people in my town that play any sort of instrument at all!
:roll: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like it was a good time and I wish I could have attended, maybe thing will work out better next year. Looking forward to pictures...
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Peter & CJ, all the more reason that you guys need to attend at least one of our events!
Everyone who attends does their part to make the events fun. Rich does all the cat herding behind the scenes.
I'll try to get some pics posted later.
4005player

Post by 4005player »

I just had my back worked on at 10:30 this morning...it's better, but more PT needs to be done....having a bad back sucks beyond belief (if anyone else here has back troubles, you know I ain't lyin'!) I wish I could have made it there yesterday, as I'm sure it was a lot of fun! Hopefully next time!
Jim
8mileshigher

Ricktoberfest® II - 10/20/12

Post by 8mileshigher »

suedehead71 wrote:Have a great time everybody I am so disappointed I could not get free today like I had thought.
4005player wrote: I wish I could have made it there yesterday, as I'm sure it was a lot of fun! Hopefully next time!
Jim
Colin and Jim -- sorry you guys couldn't make it to the Ricktoberfest® yesterday. Hopefully you can make the next event !
8mileshigher

Ricktoberfest® II - October 20th

Post by 8mileshigher »

A big Thank You to Joey and Diane for all the legwork in making yesterday's event happen. :D They worked very hard in putting together the intricate details of making a Confluence happen !

Although we had some last minute cancellations, we still had a sizeable group of Jammers and everyone kept saying they had a lot of fun ! Hopefully everybody got to play on some favorite songs, but with the last minute cancellations, it necessitated subtracting various planned songs when a key player or singer wasn’t on hand. So we were scrambling to get guitarists and singers etc paired up together for performing certain tunes, and I sure hope everyone at the Jam got to play. Apologies to anyone if a song you wanted to play, never ended up materializing, because of all the switching around we were having to do. :(

Many thanks to Bobbo for filling in for lots of guitar parts !! And Dale and Gary were pinch-hitting on lots of guitar parts throughout the day, too ! And Tonya did a great job on the drums !

We’re very glad that the Halls could attend and join in the festivities. And we hope that all the first-time Rickenjammers enjoyed the experience. Big thanks to Tim O for bringing the drum kit (and so much gear) and to everyone who brought their talents and shared amps and guitars and basses etc. with everyone.

Hope everyone who brought cameras can post some pictures ! :)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Ricktoberfest® II - October 20th

Post by rickenbrother »

8mileshigher wrote:Although we had some last minute cancellations, we still had a sizeable group of Jammers and everyone kept saying they had a lot of fun ! Hopefully everybody got to play on some favorite songs, but with the last minute cancellations, it necessitated subtracting various planned songs when a key player or singer wasn’t on hand. So we were scrambling to get guitarists and singers etc paired up together for performing certain tunes, and I sure hope everyone at the Jam got to play. Apologies to anyone if a song you wanted to play, never ended up materializing, because of all the switching around we were having to do. :(

Many thanks to Bobbo for filling in for lots of guitar parts !! And Dale and Gary were pinch-hitting on lots of guitar parts throughout the day, too ! And Tonya did a great job on the drums !

We’re very glad that the Halls could attend and join in the festivities. And we hope that all the first-time Rickenjammers enjoyed the experience. Big thanks to Tim O for bringing the drum kit (and so much gear) and to everyone who brought their talents and shared amps and guitars and basses etc. with everyone.
+1!
8mileshigher wrote:Hope everyone who brought cameras can post some pictures ! :)
I'll post some tomorrow. I also have some of Rudy's pics to share.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Set 1 of pics.
HPIM4552.JPG
HPIM4553.JPG
That's newcomer David O. to the left. He's a great addition to the jams. Glad he came!
That's newcomer David O. to the left. He's a great addition to the jams. Glad he came!
HPIM4555.JPG
HPIM4556.JPG
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Set 2:
HPIM4557.JPG
Rudy O at the drum kit. He's the happiest, most upbeat and positive guy on the planet! Excellent drummer too!
Rudy O at the drum kit. He's the happiest, most upbeat and positive guy on the planet! Excellent drummer too!
HPIM4559.JPG
HPIM4560.JPG
HPIM4561.JPG
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Set 3.
HPIM4562.JPG
HPIM4564.JPG
Jason F.
Jason F.
Bobbo
Bobbo
This is Tonya. This girl rocks! <br />She did a better Ginger Baker than Ginger Baker on, &quot;Sunshine of Your Love&quot; towards the end of the jam!<br />Not kidding!
This is Tonya. This girl rocks!
She did a better Ginger Baker than Ginger Baker on, "Sunshine of Your Love" towards the end of the jam!
Not kidding!

More to come later.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”